Thread: Press Release on online top selling sunglasses...........

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Exclamation Press Release on online top selling sunglasses...........

New York, NY/March 13, 2006/FPSnewswire/ -- Eyeglasses123.com a leading online retailer of designer sunglasses and eyeglass frames, today released data on the top selling designer sunglasses for the month of February 2006. The top 20 list is based on completed online sales that took place in February 2006. Eyeglasses123 manages over 14 Web sites that offer eyewear on the Internet and has been selling sunglasses and eyewear online for over 4 years.

Here are the Top 20 Best selling styles of sunglasses sold online in February 2006, with the most popular brand listed first. They are 1. Dior Air 1S, 2. Rayban 2113 - Wayfarer, 3. Revo 3041, 4. Rayban 3016 - Clubmaster, 5. Dior Glossy 1S, 6. Gucci 2711/S, 7. Kate Spade Rachel/S, 8. R. Lauren 1516/U/S, 9. Dior Charm 1S, 10. Gucci 1804/S, 11. Ralph 7583/STD/S, 12. Kate Spade Kinsey/S, 13. Rayban 3107 - Predator Sport Metal Wrap 2, 14. Gucci 2575/S, 15. Revo 3014, 16. Prada Sport PS50ES, 17. Nike Skylon Exp R, 18. Ralph 7584/STD/S, 19. Rayban 3030 - Outdoorsman, 20. Gucci 2739/S

This monthly top 20 list is offered as a service to consumers. The list reflects the sales of sunglasses sold at Web sites owned and operated by Eyeglasses123.com. Eyeglasses123.com carries over 600 different styles of sunglasses from famous designer brands such as Ray-Ban, Ferragamo, Kate Spade, Nike, Prada, Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Dior, Burberry and many others. All sunglasses sold online through Eyeglasses123 or any of their affiliate sites, come with a 15 day low price guarantee (check site for details). For photos and more information on the sunglasses in the Top 20 List,

Interesting how on line sales are going these days.......and which models are sold. Thet are really in competition with good optical retailers. I deleted their website link.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just checked it out, saw quite a few styles that while popular have been discontinued. Now I know where my Rep's discontinued frames end up.

Occupation

Before throwing into garbage.................

Quote Originally Posted by efsamuel
    Now I know where my Rep's discontinued frames end up.
    Of course the frame importers always have customers that will purchase discontinued frames right down the ladder.

When I was in the frame import we sold them at half price. also had some last minute customers that would give give you absolute minimum, before you threw them in the garbage.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

That's way too high for discontinued frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser
    Of course the frame importers always have customers that will purchase discontinued frames right down the ladder.

When I was in the frame import we sold them at half price. also had some last minute customers that would give give you absolute minimum, before you threw them in the garbage.
    Luxottica accounts can pick up POM's and Discontinued for much less than half price. All they have to do ask the rep for the details. They can even pick out specific styles and colors while other compeditors send out bags which contain 5 good ones and 15 bad ones.

Rep

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Sorry, not specific

I spent last week boxing up discontinued frames and I found a few styles I was sending back on the site. I was surprised that they would be there already that is all.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They can even pick out specific styles and colors while other compeditors send out bags which contain 5 good ones and 15 bad ones.

Yes!
    And then you can see the same frames in LC for $99 special with the lenses!:angry:

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    ;;
    Last edited by Refractingoptician.com; 02-28-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Occupation

Blue Jumper Sales Reps do not offer......................

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    I wasn't aware that Lux sells discontinueds and offers better pricing on them . Tell me more please .
    Just for your information........................every frame company and even lens companies do have discontinued products...................they may the best quality available. They du usually sell for a lot less than the original price.

Sales reps do not particularly like to sell these items because the commisssion is also cut and if a customer usually buy's 50 frames, he might only take 25 of the regular line and 25 at the lower price.

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I sell tons of closeouts. I get full commision on them as well. Most of my closeout customers buy only closeouts anyway!

Lux closeouts: You must order at least 30. You pick what you want and they are about 70% off. We have them just about all year but the best styles sell out in the first few weeks of a new list. List come out about every Qt.

Occupation
    Sales reps do not particularly like to sell these items because the commisssion is also cut and if a customer usually buy's 50 frames, he might only take 25 of the regular line and 25 at the lower price.

Chris,
    Can u tell us which companies cut commision on there reps. I have never heard that before and would be interested to know!

Occupation

Big Smile Cut commissions.............................

Quote Originally Posted by Mikef
    Chris,
    Can u tell us which companies cut commision on there reps. I have never heard that before and would be interested to know!
    Maybe I am a voice from the past....................we used to cut the comission to 10% for dicontinued frames which seemed to be standard at the time.

Occupation

Lenny

Quote Originally Posted by LENNY
    They can even pick out specific styles and colors while other compeditors send out bags which contain 5 good ones and 15 bad ones.

Yes!
    And then you can see the same frames in LC for $99 special with the lenses!:angry:
    Can you tell me which Lenscrafters store uses Luxottica frames for their $99 dollar special with lenes. I have never seen that ever, they are ALWAYS frames other than Luxottica.

Rep

Occupation

Maybe????

Maybe I am a voice from the past....................we used to cut the comission to 10% for dicontinued frames which seemed to be standard at the time.
    In addition to the full comission, the accounts actually gets full discount off of the reduced price.

Gary check with your Lux reps, I know for a fact they have lots of SKU's for some of the lines.

Rep

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I personaly saw Genny and I think AK frames on $99 special!
    Kings plaza mall>

Occupation

Genny????

I personaly saw Genny and I think AK frames on $99 special!
    Kings plaza mall>
    You mean the Luxottica line that was discontinued in 1997? Eight Years AGO??

The AK line was completely redesigned in 2002 and all the old styles were discontinued so it was probably in that group.

I am still suprised normally they take great pains not to have Lux product in the special package.

By far the majority of the product in the $99 special is not Lux product right?

Rep

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I might be wrong but it was only discontinued for private sector.

I am sure it did not take lenscrafters that long to sell ALL left over Gennys?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you trying to say that Lenscrafters were not the resting home for MOST of the Lux closeouts at discounted price?

BTW I personaly purchased current Ray-Ban aviators from sunglass hut for $18.99. The next day I called Lux to find out that they are still reg price for us....

Occupation

That does not make sense

Are you trying to say that Lenscrafters were not the resting home for MOST of the Lux closeouts at discounted price?

BTW I personaly purchased current Ray-Ban aviators from sunglass hut for $18.99. The next day I called Lux to find out that they are still reg price for us....
    Can you expain why Lux would turn down millions of dollars of distributor business because some retailers were selling at or below cost as loss leaders, and then turn around and sell them below cost in their own retail stores?

Rep

Occupation

Redhot Jumper turn around and sell them below cost ...............

Quote Originally Posted by rep
    Can you expain why Lux would turn down millions of dollars of distributor business because some retailers were selling at or below cost as loss leaders, and then turn around and sell them below cost in their own retail stores?
    Rep
    I would they that they are in a position today where they can do anything they want in the way of sales politics, because they have found out that most retailer buy from them anyhow in spite of whatever they are doing. Smart.

Occupation
    [QUOTE=LENNY]Are you trying to say that Lenscrafters were not the resting home for MOST of the Lux closeouts at discounted price?

QUOTE]

I would say at least 30% or the product in Lenscrafters are discoed frames. They are all priced the same as the current styles!

Occupation

You are implying that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I would they that they are in a position today where they can do anything they want in the way of sales politics, because they have found out that most retailer buy from them anyhow in spite of whatever they are doing. Smart.
    They would destroy RAY BAN one of their best brands in order to sell frames at $18.95. Not so smart!

Rep

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    You mean the Luxottica line that was discontinued in 1997? Eight Years AGO??
    2006 - 1997 = 9

Just saying.

They would destroy RAY BAN one of their best brands in order to sell frames at $18.95. Not so smart!
    Having seen an amazing array of CKs, Ralphs, and one or two ancient Guccis for $8-12 at Marshall's/Ross, it wouldn't surprise me terribly. And yes, I realize that none of those are Lux lines. I understand that Gucci still carries some cachet, however.

Thread Information