Thread: West Wing

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    X-Files was a topic a short while back and I used to watch it pretty regularly "just because" but lately ...anyway, I just love West Wing. Is it a female (read: chick) viewer directed show? Or do some of you gentleman like it too? Tonight's new show about the filibuster was really heart-warming.
    I had an "ok - nothing special" day at the place of business, and burgers for dinner (nothing to get excited about) so I was feeling a little "blah" when I sat down to watch the show. I usually have to tape it to watch later, but I didn't have to work late tonight, and now I DO wish I had taped it!
    I enjoyed the way some of the characters were influenced to reach out via email to their parents as they were stuck waiting for the vote, and I liked how the audience was led into cheering on the underdog (elderly, nothing-special filibustering lone senator). I'm not sure if it's just the writing that's so good, or the combination of the characters (and the actors who portray them) but I really love this series!
    I don't always understand what I read about how the real government works, but this show makes me hope that a little of the good stuff idealized in West Wing actually occurs in our capital.
    ...just my thoughts...jP

[This message has been edited by JennyP (edited 03-14-2001).]

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

I just started watching this show a couple of months ago and it's quickly become my favorite. It's the best written TV show I've seen in many years with fast-paced and witty dialog. The acting is also great.

It'll be interesting to see how some of our more conservative brethren view this superb show about a liberal president.

------------------

OptiBoard Administrator

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

We's waitin fo da episode's where day shows what Clinton reall did. Espcially where's he leavs da Maison Blache as takes all da furniture, and schreds da records.

We also wonder what the show would have if it wus on HBO.

Chip

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

I am not a huge TV fan but I agree West Wing is well-written, the actors do a great job and the plots are quick-paced.

It has become my favorite show and I actually find myself rescheduling things to be sure I have Wednesday night free.

I find myself taking notes on some of the quips, i.e. Pres Bartlett tells his COS, "You are a curmudgeon. I am full of mirth."

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

I absolutely love the West Wing! I appreciate the fact that they break the government down to a place it makes sense to me. Like last night, for instance, they had a whole show dealing with what a philibuster was. I had heard the term, but didn't have a clue until last night!

I really hope it continues!

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Pity, the things they don't teach in History, Social Studies,Governemnt, Civics, etc. anymore.

Thread Information