Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: “American Idol” 2006

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wow!!! No Idol comments this morning! I know one contestant that didn't Ace his performance!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I thought Taylor sucked last night - and I think Constantine did a much better job last year with Bohemian Rapsodey (sp ?) than kellie this year.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by GOS_Queen
    I thought Taylor sucked last night - and I think Constantine did a much better job last year with Bohemian Rapsodey (sp ?) than kellie this year.
    Blasphemy! Taylor was great last night. Kellie actually surprised me with Bohemian Rhapsody, but she did OK I thought. I was even glad Bucky did his thing.

I gotta get this off my chest - Elliot freaks me out. I think he puts the judges under a spell or something. He's just not that good. But they always say nice things about him. It's kinda like the Special Olympics or something.

Chris kinda let me down last night, but I'll get over it.

Bottom 3 tonight: Ace, Elliot and Bucky.
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear brighter before you hear them speak.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Queen night on Idol...

I almost posted last night but thought i must have been too tired to have enjoyed the songs from one of my favorite bands. I thought all of them were
    just so-so. No one really made me say WOW!!
    I thought Ace was a little out of line in his request to change the song.

I somewhat agree with blake. Elliot acts like he's hypnotizing the crowd. I really think it's just nerves. It will be interesting to see who goes tonight.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!

Not Bucky!!!

Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear brighter before you hear them speak.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am saddened. Perhaps its just cause I like country but I could see buying a Bucky album, I could even watch him in concert....he's country rockish and I am a fan. Dont get me wrong, I know he's not the best vocal out there. he's better then some and I see him being a great entertainer. I guess Ill just have to see if he gets any offers.

Cindy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Unhappy

oh no not Chris

I can't believe he was voted off (or not voted for). I thought he was great! oh well now I really don't care who wins.
    Maybe it really is rigged

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Oh my...

I can't believe he is gone either.. While I am not sure if he is the best.. I certainly think he out performed Katherine McPhee, (dropping a lyric!) and has been "on" more times than Elliot (no matter how much Elliot rocked last night!)

Oh well..

Guess that is why I am not an Idol fan!

I want to see American Idol have their finalists write and perform their own songs.. play an instrument...and some of the things they need to do on Nashville Star :)

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Go nashville Star! I watched both this season and I tell ya, its really no comparison. nashville Star has artists, Idol is more likely to showcase being wanting fame, artist or not. I realize its just a sill country fans opinion but tapangit Chris, I dont even like rocker but that boy could perform. Elliott has a nice voice but I am not sure his performance ability, I just cant get excited about seeing a concert for anyone left...except maybe Taylor, if I drank a lot of caffeine I could really dig watching him.

Its to early....Iam sorry I rambled

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have the same concerns about Elliot. He is unique.. but I am not so sure about his long term "Star potential"

I am glad that I am not the only Nashville Star fan out there. What did you think of the finale? I was glad Chris Young won, his original song is what really made him stand out, and ultimately what put him in the running after trying to mimick Toby all season.

It seems like their artists don't get a lot of support after show either. Buddy Jewel had a couple of hits and then his label dropped him... but Miranda Lambert who was in 3rd that first season is really standing out and making people notice on the charts..The other 2 season I have heard a single here and there from some of them..but nothing really break out..

Then again, if we want to compare to Idol.. it took Kelly Clarkson a few years to really make it as an artist.. one that can be respected anyway.

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Thread Information