2.Chris Daughtry

3.Paris Bennett

4.Katharine McPhee

Go “harmonica” Taylor Hicks :cheers:

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Who's Packing Their Bags Tonight?

Will Chicken Little catch the Bird Flu?
    Will Bucky be sent home to the meth lab?
    Or will someone else get the boot?
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear brighter before you hear them speak.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Will Chicken Little catch the Bird Flu?
    Will Bucky be sent home to the meth lab?
    Or will someone else get the boot?
    A week late but they finally got it right! Bye-Bye chicken little!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I agree it is about time, seriously didnt his outfit look like he went to Catholic school. I mean come on, from the blue polo buttoned as much as possible to the blue pants beacuse God forbid you break up the colors....he looked 12 jeesh!

So how hot is Chris, seriously.....yummy!!

Oh, and a little challanged or not I love the sweet country of Kelly.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    and how about Chris??

Did you like his version of I walk the line?
    I thought it was great!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by icyou
    and how about Chris??

Did you like his version of I walk the line?
    I thought it was great!

it was amazing ... I think he's definately got a shot at winning ... wow ...

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Chris is a star......

Chris was awesome! :cheers:

The version of I walk the line was “off the hook”
    I would buy the single today.

I think Bucky will be next to GO home……:finger:

Occupation
    Chris definitely rocks! I listened to some tunes by his band Absent Element. If you like hard rock, they're grrrrreat.

I agree the clock is ticking on Bucky's 15 minutes. However, I believe the show is rigged and therefore anything is possible. (Is it any coincidence the contestant known as "Chicken Little" is eliminated just after the release of the movie of the same name on DVD?)

I think Paris, Lisa and Katherine are all talented, but I doubt I'd buy their CD's. As for Bucky, Ace and Elliot, I doubt I'd even bother to illegally download any of their stuff. And as much as I hate to pick on Pickler - the innocent bumpkin act has gotten really old.

I'd be happy if either Chris, Mandisa or my homeboy Taylor wins it.
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear brighter before you hear them speak.

OptiBoard Apprentice

Blue Jumper

I just discovered this area of the forum! Forget talking about my new glasses! What glasses? This is much more fun!

I enjoy watching and listening to Katherine McPhee. But Taylor Hicks is just plain FUN. Reminds me of Joe Cocker with his spastic movements. He also resembles George Clooney and has quite a twinkle in his eyes. Always smiling too. I don't believe he's THE American Idol though. His voice just isn't as good as some.

The only two reasons that I'm not as fond of Chris Daughtry is his shaved head and his tendency to harder rock style. I prefer the ballads and easy listening rock. My mother loves Clay Akin and she's in her 70s. I don't think she would enjoy a rocker types as much. But then maybe American Idol is geared to a younger population perhaps. Chris does have nice eyes though.

Elliott has a very nice voice and at times I thought it was the best of the males. But you can tell the poor guy has issues with his teeth (bite). He closes his mouth a lot when smiling. His hair is bit weird too. Paris has a extraordinary voice and for such a young gal. But when she SPEAKS it seems to take something away. Too high and girly like. Shes still a bit immature and with more experience and time to grow she'll make a superb Idol. In the meantime that little gal will be going places I bet. Mandisa is also gifted with an awesome voice. Again if she doesn't make it this go around she will surely do something special around her singing. Ace just doesn't do it for me. He's trying to get the girls vote a bit too much. I am not into his look and truth be known Taylor is sexier to me. I love a man with premature gray hair. And a haircut that is neither shaved or long. Bucky isn't my type either. I believe he'll be gone soon.

This has been fun! Never realized I would be chatting about American Idol on a eye care forum!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spectacle
    I think that Ace has got the younger girls votes because he is pretty. What American Idol needs to realize is that they are viewed by audiences of all ages and those of us that aren't teeny boppers anymore spend just as much (if not more) on CDs and music. I think they should extend the age limit. Taylor is good, but painful to watch.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    American Idol ... Country??????

Song choice was awful.
    Watching the vote off show... Shock at the bottom three.

Mandissa over Paris??
    Who's voting?

I really thought Bucky or Taylor would go. I figured bucky would do a garth a$$-kicking song last night and instead he sang a ballad. Huh? and how bad did Kenny Rogers look?

I guess I'm not in tune with the younger music scene.
    But next week is music from QUEEN!!!!!!! One of my all time favorites.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You had me until the Kenny comment....uh, he may be aging but yummy can he smile at the camera. BTW, I agreed with paris before mandisa. I cant believe at the age of 27 I say this but Kenny Rodgers is a fine looking man.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    It was sad to see Mandissa go. She and Kathy had the best voices of the women.

Having said that, the whole Country show was awful. There were so many good songs to choose from and all the choices (except perhaps 'Fancy') were pretty dreadful.

Wouldn't you have loved to see Taylor do 'A Boy Named Sue'? :)

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I also thought the song choices were off. Fancy did match her voice, and I thought Katherine chose a good song to match her voice and style..but I was very disappointed with the rest. Especially Bucky.. I thought he butchered the song by trying to sing it like Gary Allen.

Speaking of country... Anyone watch Nashville Star?

Cassandra
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Chip's latest insensitive statement!

Last night due to a visit by my grandchildren I found myself in the position of having to watch American Idol. All I can say is those that chose to watch this need to find a life or something more intellectually stimulating to watch.

Geeze are you folks hard up for entertainment.

Chip

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol
    It was sad to see Mandissa go. She and Kathy had the best voices of the women.

Having said that, the whole Country show was awful. There were so many good songs to choose from and all the choices (except perhaps 'Fancy') were pretty dreadful.

Wouldn't you have loved to see Taylor do 'A Boy Named Sue'? :)
    I agree. However, my vote for Taylor's song would have been "I can't stop lovin' you" -ala Ray Charles
    Having said that, I think I would have picked a tribute to Buck Owens night over Kenny Rogers. But it's all about marketing isn't it.
    My question is, if they are doing the songs of Queen next week, and the band is helping out, who took Freddy's place? He is like the best male vocalist ever. You can't replace him!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chip,
    No we are not hard up for entertainment. I'm just a person who likes music and enjoy seeing new talent. Are you really that grouchy of an old man that you can't let others talk about something you don't enjoy? If you didn't enjoy it why comment on it?

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Simple: One's brain works less when watching TV of any kind than it does when asleep. American Idol is so loaded with talk, MC'ing, commercials and other breaks that little music is displayed, much less same of any quality. Better music on the radio.

Better to watch something like the discovery science channel or the history channel or even cooking, one can at least learn something.

Chip

Will add that my 11 year old and 13 year old grandchildren found it worth watching, but I am a lot older than this and realize how much time I have wasted watching TV that I could have spent learning something usefull.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chip, Wednesday night is for eleminating the contestants. There is not much there to watch except for the last 5 minutes! Tuesday night provides much better entertainment.
    I watch it on Tivo and the hour show takes about 30 minutes to watch, after you zip through the commercials. But I do like the Ford commercials that the contestants do.

Occupation
    Tuesday is for watching the show.

Wednesday is for TEVO-skipping to the end.

GO Tayler!

Can’t wait for him to sing some Ray Charles

Kenny Rodgers looks grate for his age but I would never recognized him without his beard.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Kenny Rogers gonna need lid surgery pretty soon.

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Although I agree with Chip on this one..............

I ended up getting hooked on the show last year because I am surrounded by fans of the show daily. There is some Great Talent on the show.....

Anyway.......This week should kill some great contestants. How is Bucky gonna pull of Freddy Mercury??? I think Ace will probably nail it because he can sing falsetto. Chris will adapt because he is versatile and will probly find an alternative version of the song. Katherine will be great because, "I am in Love with her."

The rest will probably suffer this week.

I just hope someone picks "Fat Bottom Girls!!!"
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

Occupation
    Folks, I hate to break it to you, but American Idol is rigged. It is not about finding the best undiscovered singer. It is about finding someone who is marketable to youngsters who are spending Daddy's or Visa's money on CD's (or ITunes or whatever). Mandisa, though quite talented, just isn't as marketable as, say, Dr. Pickler or some of the others. If the "winner" of AI sucks and can't sell more CD's than William Hung, that just ain't gonna fly at the corporate HQ. However, I suspect AI has already reached a secret deal with WalMart and Dollar General to promote the Bucky CD. And this coming soon to a theater (well, Blockbuster video) near you - "From Bucky to Kellie."

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Folks, I hate to break it to you, but American Idol is rigged. It is not about finding the best undiscovered singer. It is about finding someone who is marketable to youngsters who are spending Daddy's or Visa's money on CD's (or ITunes or whatever). Mandisa, though quite talented, just isn't as marketable as, say, Dr. Pickler or some of the others. If the "winner" of AI sucks and can't sell more CD's than William Hung, that just ain't gonna fly at the corporate HQ. However, I suspect AI has already reached a secret deal with WalMart and Dollar General to promote the Bucky CD. And this coming soon to a theater (well, Blockbuster video) near you - "From Bucky to Kellie."
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Thread Information