Thread: Name Game

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Arrow

It is either all this snow or we've all finally gone over the deep end; but we have all become too amused by this email that has been going around:

Sometimes when you have a stressful day or week, you need some silliness to break up the day. Here's your dose..........Follow the instructions to find your funny name.

The following is an excerpt from a childrens book, "Captain Underpants and the perilous plot of Professor Poopypants", by Dav Pilkey

The evil professor forces everyone to assume new names..........

Use the 3rd letter of your 1st name to determine your "NEW" 1st name:

a = stinky
    b = lumpy
    c = buttercup
    d = gidget
    e = crusty
    f = greasy
    g = fluffy
    h = cheeseball
    i = chim-chim
    j = poopsie
    k = flunky
    l = booger
    m = pinky
    n = zippy
    o = goober
    p = doofus
    q = slimy
    r = loopy
    s = snotty
    t = falafel
    u = dorkey
    v = squeezit
    w = oprah
    x = skipper
    y = dinky
    z = zsa-zsa

Use the 2nd letter of your last name to determine the 1st half of
    your "NEW" last name:

a = diaper
    b = toilet
    c = giggle
    d = bubble
    e = girdle
    f = barf
    g = lizard
    h = waffle
    i = cootie
    j = monkey
    k = potty
    l = liver
    m = banana
    n = rino
    o = burger
    p = hamster
    q = toad
    r = gizzard
    s = pizza
    t = gerbil
    u = chicken
    v = pickle
    w = chuckle
    x = tofu
    y = gorilla
    z = stinker

Use the 4th letter of your last name to determine the 2nd half of
    your "NEW" last name:

a = head
    b = mouth
    c = face
    d = nose
    e = tush
    f = breath
    g = pants
    h = shorts
    i = lips
    j = honker
    k = butt
    l = brain
    m = tushie
    n = chunks
    o = hiney
    p = biscuits
    q = toes
    r = buns
    s = fanny
    t = sniffer
    u = sprinkles
    v = kisser
    w = squirt
    x = humperdink
    y = brains
    z = juice

Thus for example, George W. Bush's "NEW" name is: Goober Chickenshorts; go figure! Clinton's "NEW" name is: Poopsie Liverchunks.

Good day,
    Stinky Diapersniffer

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Darris is called Loopy Waffle-Tushie. :) Mind you, I'm called Loopy Girdle-Brain, so who am I to talk?

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hahahahaha!! Crusty Burger hiney!! Sounds like I should be on the Simpsons!! Of course then I would have to be famous which I am not.

Thanks some of us really needed a good laugh!!
    Steph

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ok, I'm Zippy Barflips.
    Thanks!
    Just how I'll prolly feel after the planned girls'late nite out this Saturday!
    jP
    (I'll be the tipsy brunette with Booger Girdlefanny, Zippy Cootiebrain, and Snotty Burgerchunks. Fun!)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, every once an awhile you need to regress and do something just plain silly. Sorry for the following serious thought but, perhaps that is the real problem with society today; we are teaching children to be so serious and deal with today's modern world that the are losing their naivete too early.

I remember in grammar school my biggest problem was learning all the words to the song Miss Mary Mack so we could sing it on the bus on the way to school. We got real snow storms that we wished all winter for. One of them left so much snow they closed the state and the National Guard had to come plow the main streets. Of course, if there was four inches of snow or less on the ground we still went to school. Lunch for me invovled my Partridge Family metal lunch box with matching Thermos. And all of my homework could be carried home in one of those little canvas packs. You know the square flat kind that closed with two buckles in the front, sometimes they could be worn as backpacks that were so small they couldn't break you back.

Being a technical wiz kid meant you either had an Easy Bake Oven, Lite Brite or Super Simon. Low tech invovled Slinky, Silly Puddy, Creepy Crawlers and a Snoopy Snow Cone Machine. Excpet for the Silly Puddy all of the above were strictly Christmas or Birthday gifts because of their extravagance.

Our parents worried about the gas shortage; not us, we just thought all the saw horses and long lines at the gas stations were cool.

How you dressed wasn't an issue because you didn't have a big choice on the matter. You only had two styles of sneakers to choose from, Keds and those Converse high tops; you know the canvas kind that were either black or white and they had the big embroidered C patch on the side. There wasn't Baby Gap or Limited Too; at the time, apparently our moms thought that plaid, floral patterns and stripes matched and could be worn at the same time.

OK, I'm done. What was your childhood like?

[This message has been edited by Jo (edited 02-14-2001).]

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Um, hate to bring this up but Converse recently went bankrupt... (my earliest memories of sneakers all involve a rotating blue light).

How about bicycles with banana seats (and only one speed)? Cereal with really cool prizes inside (I remember this one that had a mini-greenhouse inside with real seeds and everything). Science for me was getting staligmites to grow in a bottle of water (some sort of kit, as I recall)- along with an erector set and chemistry set...

Of course, we were lucky to have cable when I was a kid (all five channels came in soooo clear- I remember when ESPN showed up "how are they gonna fill 24 hours with just sports?" my dad said). Having a friend whose parents had Prism meant you could see the ultimate "bad" movie- Porky's. How times have changed.

Ack! Did I just say "how times have changed?" They can't have changed that much!!! I'm only 32! I am not old, I am not old, I am not old... I'll just keep repeating this over and over. Just visit the local college campus (FSU in my case) and you'll see that today's kids don't even know what a record is anymore (and barely use cassette tapes). A good number of them also seemed to think that the recent Star Wars trilogy (now a quadrilogy?) was "new stuff."

Geesh, thanks for bringing me face to face with mid-life! Oh well, at least my wife's always gonna be a year older than me (something I don't point out too often...).

Booger "ah, my first name isn't actually 'Pete,' after all" Diaperbrain

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Happy Valentine's Day from
    "Buttercup Gizzard-Tush" and "Goober Gizzard-Tush"

Have a great day!

[This message has been edited by Vicki (edited 02-14-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Vicki (edited 02-14-2001).]

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused

Pete:

You had cable as a kid??? I'm only 31 and I remember my brother having to go up on the roof and adjust the antenna everytime it got too windy out. I spent a good protion of my formative years "being" the TV remote control. Dad would say he wanted to watch one of the other three stations we were able to get in, with out too much snow, and I would get up and turn the dial.

Of course back then, this was an important job; because of the Blue Laws we all had time to sit and watch TV, since the only businesses open Saturday nights and Sundays were restaurants and movie theaters. Then again there was always the Sunday drive. It was on one of those drives I learned: (1)you shouldn't always repeat what your father says while he's driving and (2)yes, your dad can simultaneously drive and reach all the way into the back seat.

Porky's was your movie? I remember watching Halloween on cable one night when my parents were out. Of course, I couldn't sleep afterwards. My sister, who recently married and moved out, called after the movie and did the breathing thing; I wasn't about to go to sleep.

Ya know, we still have one of those ugly black rotary phones permanantly attached to the wall. Originally, we rented it from the phone company but then Dad decided to take the big leap and actually buy it from them.

Ok, I'm done again.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Arrow

One good thing, I am young enough to have missed voting with manual punch cards and having to worry about dimpled chads. Up here we had gone to the machines with levers. Of course back then they still had the party lever. With the flip of one lever you could vote for one party or the other straight across the board.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

I think we're in the voting dark ages. You get a pen (chained to desk) and a piece of paper with your local candidates on, and you tick which one you want. Often, that's where you find out who's standing, because some of the nutter parties don't canvass.
    As far as childhood goes, I remember - Space Hoppers,
    Being forced to ride a bike (I was not an outdoors child),
    Getting a chemistry set, making my sister drink from the chemistry set, losing the chemistry set (That potion could have been the cure for cancer!)
    Trying (unsuccessfully) to raise the dead in the local boneyard.
    Pinching frogspawn from the main cemetary, and watching it fail to grow into frogs,
    When we went to Scotland, and we each had a 'pet' cow from the nearby field, and my sister caught ringworm off hers,
    When we camped out in the back garden, and nearly lasted all night,
    but most of all, I remember having absolutely no responsibility, just tremendous fun all the time.
    Athough the time we stole Communion wafer from church and ate it, to see if we'd go to Hell was quite cool as well :)

Maria 'If my kids are like I was, I'm having them adopted' K

OptiBoard Professional

Confused

Hi! My name is Zippy Chickenhead. I would like you to meet my husband Booger Chickenhead, a local pediatrician, and my daughter Booger Giggletush.

Carol ( I may be forced to leave town now)D

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello there from ZsaZsa Girdleface. I've been called numerous things in my life, but girdleface was never one of them. LOL
    As for growing up.... Jo, I remember being the remote control too. That was back in the day when it was a dial knob on the tv. How I remember my dad making fun of people with remotes and being too lazy to get up and turn the channel for themselves. Today, he even has a remote for tv in the workshop.
    Go figure.
    My movie I remember from getting cable was Friday the 13th. That scared me in the middle of the day. Guess it didn't help that we were living on an island at the time.

Suzy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh gosh we had PRISM the cable channel but not until I was about 13. I remember when they put MTV on. Thank GOD I was sick the next day so I could stay home from school and watch music videos all day!!! :) Yes that was way back when MTV still played music videos. Now all it has is game shows and talk shows. Even VH1 doesn't really play much of them anymore. I had a Super simon, rubik's cube, operation(what was cooler than that????) don't forget monopoly. Wow sure is good to take a walk down memory lane. We didn't worry about much of nothing important. Do you remember Atari?? My parents wouldn't let us have one. They said we needed to go outside and play. Imagine that. I can honestly say I never played one!! Oh and speaking of scary movies~~~oh have mercy for me it was Salem's Lot!! Holy God!! My sister and I watched it and that night she went outside my bedroom window and scratched down it with her fingernails. I don't think I slept for a week. I still will never watch it because I have flashbacks. LOL!! Those were some good ole days. Glad they are over, but sometimes it would be nice not to have the stress and pressure of adult life once in awhile. Who would have thought then that life just couldn't get worse!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Have a great day!!
    Steph

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Unhappy

greetings from "pinky girdle-chunks". stephanie, you are really making me feel old!!! i'd been married ten years when mtv first arrived. my childhood memeories are working on the farm with my dad and older brother. you know the scenario, up before dawn to feed the livestock. then off to school and back home for working in the barn( ok playing in the barn until i got to be 10 years old and dad said, " you're old enough to start earning your own way now son". and so i did. aaah! i wouldn't change a thing.

tim

------------------

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I forgot about Salem's Lot. Yes that was scary. I still think Stephen King's "The Shining" was the best book and movie he ever did; it is still as much a thriller today as it was back then. The movie got me hooked on Jack Nicholson to this day. "Carrie" was another freaky movie. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" its impact some time ago.

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Pete does not watch scary movies, because Pete has a hard enough time sleeping without the additional fear of an apoplectic encounter with an other-worldly being! (My wife, on the other hand, loves horror flicks, and once made me watch Night of the Living Dead- ugh!)

Anyway, we didn't need a remote in our house, as my father would spend literally an hour or more at a time right in front of the set with his hands on the color and tint controls (seems it was some sort of Holy Quest to get it "just right). The first remote I do remember weighed about five pounds and was an item to be proudly perched on the coffee table...

I remember my friend dragging me in the house to watch the first few videos on MTV (Video Killed the Radio Star and Hold Onto Me, as I recall). I've never been much into MTV- although that one video by Billy Idol where the girl spills wine on herself, rips off her clothes, and then does that split on the bed is, well... ;)

My dad despised Atari's ("it'll burn an image into the set," he'd say), so he went and purchased us a real-life pinball machine from a bowling alley. Gotta admit, it was pretty cool being the only kid on the block with a pool table and pinball machine in the basement. Anyway, I was eating AppleJacks one morning and actually won an Intellevision game! Biggest thing I've ever won. Dad grudgingly set it up when it finally arrived- then proceded to play it for hours (it came with a rather addictive Golf game with this really monotonous tune).

What I really marvel at these days is the Cartoon Channel. I mean, when I was a boy (I can't believe I just used that expression... my dad always uses that expression to explain how the snow was deeper, the girls prettier, the winters colder, the cars faster, etc, when he was a boy) we only got to watch Bugs Bunny and Friends on Saturday morning, plus the occasional Charlie Brown special at night. Oh yeah, we also had those corny Superfriends ("form of water, shape of a bucket," and so on).

Whoops, sorry to ramble... Darn, life in the 80's was good (and Reagan was still President!).

Pete "and baseball cards used to come with gum, too" Hanlin

Big Smile

Did anyone else grow up with the local phone service being a party line? That was interesting.....oh and you only had to dial the last four numbers for a local call.

Almost forgot.....

"Zippy Burgertush"

[This message has been edited by HenryB (edited 02-15-2001).]

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Amen to not watching scary movies, Pete!! I to this day will also have a terrible time sleeping if I am made to watch one. Freddie Kruger about killed me. Especially since the entire plot to the movie was don't fall asleep. AHHHH!! My all time favorite movie is Shawshank redemption. I also like the Green Mile and have to sit and watch the Color Purple every chance I get. Even the Green Mile I had to keep putting on pause and going outside for a smoke break and to catch my breath(funny how I used smoking and catching my breath in the same sentence!!) Oh don't let me make you feel old Tim, time flies when you are having fun and it will even if you are not!! Taking the walk down memory lane will always make you feel old. It is a lot of fun seeing how others grew up. We were also dad's remote. How degrading!! Then he would also make us work the antenna to get the picture in clearer. Or remember before cordless phones?? I hate when the charge goes out on my and I am caged in by that cord! I also remember my dad saying he would never get one of those because he doesn't need to talk to anyone THAT bad. Yea now he has a cell phone!! Funny how things we never gave a thought to before now we can't live without. Has anyone had their internet go down? Oh that is horrifying! LOL!!
    Have a great day!!
    Steph

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Stephanie,
    Shawshank and The Green Mile are the absolute favorites for me and my husband. We too had rubik's cube as well as being able to have Atari. Another favorite movie is GoodFella's.

It's fun re-visiting those childhood memories.

Vicki

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by HenryB:
    [I]Did anyone else grow up with the local phone service being a party line? That was interesting.....oh and you only had to dial the last four numbers for a local call.

Answers yes...We only had two letters and 4 numbers anyway, not 7. And they were like Dixie 4948 shortened to DI-4948...Actually that was my phone number in the 50's.

This is Stinky Gizzardbutt...Wow, until I started reading this, I used to think I was kidding about being the oldest on the board, except for Old Bob and Harry, but now I think I am. :( :( :(

Anybody around old enough to remember the old pocketbooks (purses, now) that looked like mini overnite bags?

Diane

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

One of my Valentine's gifts was the "1" Beatles CD... and I told my husband I can remember several major youth events by the Beatles songs that were playing... including riding across town to get my braces put on (Ticket to ride) and leaving the US for the Philippines (Paperback Writer), coming home (Get Back) and graduating high school (Let It Be). 'Course I knew all the words to most of the others too.
    Childhood memories? paper dolls (my artistic mom created a space-age set in the early 60's that was terrific...too bad she didn't get them marketed), a transistor radio, the record player, Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books and hours in the public library, square dance lessons, bunk beds (always dreaming of a princess-style canopy bed). Hey, my grandma's tv remote was attached to her tv with a long cord and you couldn't run thru the room without risking your neck.
    jP (aka:Zippy Barflips)

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Snotty Diaperhiney?

Golly, great way for me to pick up a mate. "Hey baby, wanna be Mrs Diaperhiney?"

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Eh hum,

May I say that "Loopy Waffletushie" is not very becoming to a man of my stature. "Poopsie Gizzardchunks" Now there's a name befitting of someone as wonderful as I am :-) This new name should propel me to the height of success in no time.

"Excuse Mr. Dinklehimer? Mr. Waffletushie is here to see you about a new mulitibillion dollar contract for the aquisition of Precision Gangly Wrenches." Yup! I'm on my way now :-)

As to the child hood thing. For Diane "BR 549."

I didn't have much use for TV until about the first grade and even then I can't remember what I use to watch. I was more the outdoors type.

I spent the majority of my time building or rebuilding things. My dad and I use to build Soap Box Derby cars that the kids from The Boys Club would race (My dad set up and ran The Boys Club here) I did a lot of artwork, played a lot of pool, learned to box, fix electronics, do automotive work, stuff like that so I can't really pick anything that would be a "Hey do you remember...?"

Summer time was spent at my grandparents ranch out in the middle of the desert in New Mexico (No TV out there) That does remind me of one thing I can say "Hey...?" to. Does anyone remember 22 cal. Peters Long Rifle shells? I still have my saddle gun that requires these shells and I can't get them anymore. Peters still makes 22 cal. bullets but they're all standard casings now. If anyone remembers them you'll know what I'm talking about.

Well, that's my addition to the story. I'm Loopy Waffletushie for Motel 6. We'll leave the light on for ya. ;-)

Darris C.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Well Darris, I mean Loopy Waffletushie

As to the child hood thing. For Diane "BR 549." Yes I do remember, and it was as I remember in Cumming, GA.

I remember our first TV, when everybody didn't have one. I could really tell you some. And the paper dolls were great. I sat for hours drawing my own as well.

Ok, got a patient. Gotta go fit some CL's.

Diane

Thread Information