Thread: Need help/Several questions on High Index lenses

OptiBoard Apprentice

Need help/Several questions on High Index lenses

Hi everyone, I am new here as you guys can tell. Well I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any responses in part or full. I have had the same eye glasses for a couple of years now and would like to get new glasses but more importantly I would also like to get High Index material put in them. My prescription is -5 for both eyes but forgot what the astigmatism was. It was a little high on one eye.

1) I would like to go to Pearl Vision and buy my glasses. About 5 years ago when I bought my High Index lenses they were supplied by Gentex. Does anyone know who Pearl Vision goes through now? Do they get their lenses from Hoya?

2) At Pearl Vision for High Index lenses they offer ( PearleTHIN Plus Invisilens ) as their thinnest lenses. Does anyone know what the index is for that lens? Is it 1.67 or less?

3) I heard a lot about the Super Seiko high index lens. Also heard that Hoya has come up with the 1.71 index lens. I know that the Hoya might be a tad bit thinner but from a clear better view what lens is better to have? Also Can either be ordered from Pearl Vision?

4) After the purchase, how can you really tell what you paid for? What I mean is how can you tell if you really got the Super Seiko 1.67 lens or for example Pearl Visions (PearleTHIN Plus Invisilens). Is there a way to confirm what you bought?

Thanks everyone for your time and patience. I know some of you are not in the USA and my not know about the retailer Pearl Vision. However any input that can be provided is more than welcome.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Consumers are allowed to post on the Board, as long as the posts concern general eyecare related topics. However please be aware that any questions that involve diagnosing specific eyecare and eyewear problems are not appropriate for an online discussion forum. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation. Posts asking for diagnostic help will be closed or removed.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Sorry I wasn't aware that my questions were breaking the forum rules. If anyone can assist with some of the questions or give me general answers I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I suggest first using the search engine, then if you still have questions, ask them one at a time.
    hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Thread Information