Thread: setting up an ar coating lab

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

setting up an ar coating lab

We are planning to purchase a complete multi-coating facility to compliment our existing RX lab which does about 350 pairs a day, 98% of which are CR39 lenses. We have a budget of not more than US$600K. I have limited information as to which brands and models are good for both AR and hardcoat and the peripheral equipment one needs for such a set-up. I hope someone could enlighten me about this matter. I also need to know if it would be advisable to start-off with a second hand unit like the Satis 260 matched with a brand new dip hardcoating considering our inexperience with the process and move on a couple of years later to a brand new one. Or do you guys think it would bve best to start with a brand new one like the Satis 380 matched with the same dip hardcoat equipment to avoid possible breakdownn from second hand ones. Someone has also recommended a Korean machine(Intech- I think is the maker) owing to its higher yield and cheaper price. I would really appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Used Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by butchie silvoza
    I also need to know if it would be advisable to start-off with a second hand unit like the Satis 260 matched with a brand new dip hardcoating considering our inexperience with the process and move on a couple of years later to a brand new one.
    There are several labs that closed down in Europe over the last few month and there should be some used equipment available. Contact OMS Optochemicals Europe, at oms_europe@yahoo.com which also deals in used optical equipment.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Thanks.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation

technical service

Hi,

My name is Gerry O'Reilly and I've set up the AR labs in Canada for 2 out of the 3 major players in Canada, Nikon and SOLA(Centennial/UTMC/Clearlens). I have 17 years experience in ophthalmic coating and now I'm out on my own building ophthalmic cleaning/coating/vacuum process machinery. I can help you out in every aspect of opening a lab, including raw materials. If you're interested, send me a reply or you can get a hold of me at gerry@intlvac.com. Thanks.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Blue Jumper Look at website listing.............

I forgot to mention that you can also look up a lot of suppliers of machinery and supplies on my website listing, there is a special section for that including the one from the above posting at http://optochemicals.com/web_ratings.htm

Thread Information