Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "3 out of 4 of our opticians don't recommend AR coatings"

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Premium AR...........................

Quote Originally Posted by OpticLabRat View Post
    ...................... but I want to say that after wearing a premium AR coat for the last 10 years, I could never go without it.
    I was recently testing some lenses without AR and all I could focus on was my own eyes looking back at me. I dont know how people can see without AR. I dont care what the cost is, I need the best AR available.
    You better copyright above statement, or it will be flashed all over the USA on TV screens in the next ESSILOR ad campaign.

:finger: :hammer: :finger:

Occupation

Big Smile ESSILOR and BEER same family

Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I often wonder why a company like Essilor offers so many AR coatings under so many names. Ex. Crizal, Crizal Alize, Triumph, Komodo, Ultra Glare Free, Reflection Free, etc. etc. etc. IMHO, a company looses a lot of credibility when they blow so many horns.
    Fezz.....................you should have known that they learned that from the beer breweries...........

Make as many brands as you can, change the color a bit and add a percentage of alcohol, make a different label and print the box differently............then buy up another few breweries............ and serve a large part of the population with basically the same stuff.

Now we have just learned that optics and beer are very closely related

.:cheers:..................................................:cheers:.....:cheers:......:cheers:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post

.:cheers:..................................................:cheers:.....:cheers:......:cheers:

I KNEW there had to be a connection!

That explains a lot of things in my life!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Fezz.....................you should have known that they learned that from the beer breweries...........

Make as many brands as you can, change the color a bit and add a percentage of alcohol, make a different label and print the box differently............then buy up another few breweries............ and serve a large part of the population with basically the same stuff.

How dare you say beers are the same, you cut me deep Chris. :D

:finger::cheers:for you
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryChiling View Post
    How dare you say beers are the same, you cut me deep Chris. :D

:finger::cheers:for you
    Harry,

Your right. But, I forgive my Canadian Friend. I think he needs a trip south to our lovely state. We can show him how different and fantastic beers can really be!

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Harry,

Your right. But, I forgive my Canadian Friend. I think he needs a trip south to our lovely state. We can show him how different and fantastic beers can really be!

He will microwave them.

I kid, I kid.

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcoach5 View Post
    Almost 100% of my customers who are myopic love the vision, if not the durability of A.R. I would say 3/4 of my hyperopic customers have said that they saw no difference between their A.R. coated lenses and their uncoated lenses.
    Bob Taylor
    This is interesting. The boss that just recently got AR and says she sees no difference is a hyerope.

I am nearsighted and notice a HUGE difference.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by rdcoach5
    Almost 100% of my customers who are myopic love the vision, if not the durability of A.R. I would say 3/4 of my hyperopic customers have said that they saw no difference between their A.R. coated lenses and their uncoated lenses.
    Bob Taylor
    Now that's interesting.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper progressive beer glasses....................

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    He will microwave them.

I kid, I kid.
    They actually do that in Europe. Restaurant are often asked to serve the beer handwarm, The used to have those hot stick they put in the beer that only as cold as the basement from where they pump it up.

These days they probably zap them in a microwave...................and that's no kidding.

By the way the newest beerglasses are now made in high index 1.67 material, AR coated on both sides so that the bubbles and foam more visible without reflections. The have omitted the Alize because test drinkers let the glass slip through their fingers and wet their pants.

However some fancy microbrewries are testing some freeform progressive beer glasses so that drinkers that had a few too many can see their watch or do some minor reading. Should they succeed with the project, Essilor has already plans to go into the beer business.

:cheers: :cheers:

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Happylady View Post
    This is interesting. The boss that just recently got AR and says she sees no difference is a hyerope.

Yeah, you'd think hyperopes with their flatter back curves would like it because it reduces their reflections.
    I know one thing- I will never go without it.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    They actually do that in Europe. Restaurant are often asked to serve the beer handwarm, The used to have those hot stick they put in the beer that only as cold as the basement from where they pump it up.

These days they probably zap them in a microwave...................and that's no kidding.

By the way the newest beerglasses are now made in high index 1.67 material, AR coated on both sides so that the bubbles and foam more visible without reflections. The have omitted the Alize because test drinkers let the glass slip through their fingers and wet their pants.

However some fancy microbrewries are testing some freeform progressive beer glasses so that drinkers that had a few too many can see their watch or do some minor reading. Should they succeed with the project, Essilor has already plans to go into the beer business.

:cheers: :cheers:
    What a bunch of copy cats, the FezzJohns Inc came out with a mirror coated beer glass so your wifde can't see the amount of beer you have in your glass or if you refilled.

Chris, FezzJohns applies your slick coat to the inside of the glass for quicker consumption. The beer just slips out of the glass down your throat, it's great. Rumor mill has it they are formulating a beer with super hydro properties that will slide through your system like exlax allowing you to consume a ton of beer. :D

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    What a bunch of copy cats, the FezzJohns Inc came out with a mirror coated beer glass so your wifde can't see the amount of beer you have in your glass or if you refilled.

Chris, FezzJohns applies your slick coat to the inside of the glass for quicker consumption. The beer just slips out of the glass down your throat, it's great. Rumor mill has it they are formulating a beer with super hydro properties that will slide through your system like exlax allowing you to consume a ton of beer. :D

Maybe you could just down a couple of the super hydro pills first.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Now that's interesting.
    So Harry, which are you?

Occupation
    Myope about a -4.50 Sph. Equiv.

Occupation

Blue Jumper AR on sunglasses.........................

Just received an Crizal advertisement by e-mail from advertising sunglasses with their AR.

1) If opticians and optometrists actually go for this, they will be selling the most expensive variation of sunglasses in times when people want to save money and not purchase un-nursery extras.

2) I am of the believe if you send a pair of lenses that you have cut and tinted in office, the Crizal people will refuse to coat it. They very probably will want to sell you the lenses plus the tint and the AR.

3) being in the tinting business I know that tinting your own lenses, UVing them, and put on a scratch resistant treatment is probably the easiest and most profitable operation anyone can do them self, even without having edging equipment.

4) There are independent AR coating companies that will coat the sunglass lenses that you have finished in office if you find that AR is a must on sunglasses.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chris, we do well with Crizal Sun. We seldom sell tinted sunglasses, the majority are poloroids. The base coat on the back of C.S. lenses and the front surface is TD2 coated. I've yet to see a SRC as durable as TD2. We discribe it's benifits just like we do all products we sell. If a patient wants it, we don't have a problem with supplying it. :D

Every practice has a somewhat if not a radically different patient base. Here in oil country, times are good and patients are spending. When and if the down turn hits here, we'll adjust, but it's boom time now.

Occupation
    We use the Crizal Sun. It is an alternative to people who want something a little nicer than just a tinted lens. It also gets a much more consistant colour for 1.6 and 1.67.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Here in oil country, times are good and patients are spending.
    Yeah hah! Get it while the gettin's good.:D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah hah! Get it while the gettin's good.:D
    Believe me, I am! ;) Harry, down here alternative fuel is diesel! :D:D

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by optical24/7 View Post
    Believe me, I am! ;) Harry, down here alternative fuel is diesel! :D:D
    Off topic, but must be said.

I work in Municipal government. We are actually installing a windfarm here. Now our Provincial Government will be shutting down all Coal Fire Plants by 2014. One Municipality is furious, because it is small (like 3000 people) and it is one of its main industries. I believe that there were alternatives to the close down and such to protect the economy, but whatever.

So I was at a Municipal conference, and there was a presentation on wind and solar energy. Well afterwards, the Mayor and Councillors from that Coal Fire Municipality just stood up and went up one side and down the other on the presentation. The two ladies were just presenting alternative/complimentary energy programs and did not advocate closing down the coal fire ones. But the Councillors were mad and acted like it was the presenters fault. I felt so bad for them.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What for, there is plenty of coal. The birds don't mind the coal near as much as the windmills.

Chip

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    What for, there is plenty of coal. The birds don't mind the coal near as much as the windmills.

Chip
    The birds and windmill thing is all just fluff. It is all made up.

There is strong evidence that coal causes poor quality air which causes global warming and cancer.

There are filters, which I have heard are great. One concern I have with them is disposal. If we just bury the filters, well then that can get into our ground water. Either way, I am not knowledgable enough about the subject.

So this is what our Premier hears, and he is an idiot, so he moves forward with it. I would have preferred seeing a 2020 date (originally it was 2007, and that was implemented in 2003/2004). It allows industries to adapt and change.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post

Chip
    Problem is getting to the coal. First they had "strip mining" but that name had negative connotations so they changed it to "mountaintop removal", then they thought that might be misconstrued as "valley fill-in" (which is what it is), so now they call it "sculpting the earth". What a load!
    We had a slogan, "Almost Heaven, West Virginia" which should be changed now due to strip mining, "Almost Level, West Virginia".

Any birds that fly into the windmills are slightly increasing the overall bird population's IQ.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    There are filters, which I have heard are great. One concern I have with them is disposal. If we just bury the filters, well then that can get into our ground water.
    Just put them back in the huge holes that were dug out of the coal.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Happylady View Post

Hyperopes don't notice little tiny scratches either but a myope can pick up anything. I'll be honest, I love AR and it does help with night driving a bit and I am a myope, but the best thing about it is cosmetic. My glasses look better, period. Everyone in the office wears it. In fact everyone in the office wears great glasses even if they don't have an Rx. Selling AR is easy if you wear it.

Thread Information