Thread: Is there a list showing the differences/comparisons between the Varilux lenses?

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Is there a list showing the differences/comparisons between the Varilux lenses?

I keep hearing about Panamics and Comforts and Physios and it's becoming mind-boggling not knowing which one might suit me and my particular Rx and needs. Can someone list each of these (and other models in the Varilux family) and tell what each one is good for? In other words, the pros and cons of each and who might be a good candidate for whichever type. I prefer to know just about the Varilux because this is what I have worn for the past 10 years. I feel my odds are better if I stay with what I know and has been working for me. But at the same time, that doesn't necessarily mean I have to stick with the Comforts if one of the others will work better for me. This time my frames will be considerably smaller, so that's something to think about, too. Maybe the Comforts wouldn't be the ideal fit anymore. So, which one might be? If I had a comparison list telling me what each one does I'll feel better about trying to choose the right one. And, of course, my optician will also be helping me find the perfect match.

Thanks!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

In my opinion...

GoodAsGold, this is what, your 7th thread on this subject? You are beginning to figure out what most opticians know: it is indeed "mind boggling" how many options there are for you in lenses out there. If you trust your optician, then let him/her guide you. He/She knows you and your history in lenses, your prescription, and has you there in person while trying frames, none of this internet stuff.

Now having that said, you can take this or leave it- IMO, if you are happy and comfortable in your current Varilux lens, don't confuse the issue by picking all the other designs to pieces. If it aint broke, dont fix it, right? You have a lens you are comfortable in, and you would probably be just as successful in the other Varilux lenses as well. If you want to switch, than have your optician recommend one and go for it! If not, then stay in your current lens. It's that simple. You have my best wishes. Good luck!
    It's like being a travel agent... I help people see the world!

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Confused

I understand what you're saying, Lady Nicole. But at the same time, I thought because my frame will be smaller this time and my Rx a bit different, then one of the newer types might be a better match for me. I'm not saying that I plan to abandon Comforts altogether if those will work for me. But, they obviously are developing these new lenses for specific reasons and needs. Maybe one of them will serve me better than the Comforts. Naturally, I will let my optician use his expertise and advice regarding which one will be best suited for my eyes.

As for going on and on about these different lenses, if I saw a list of comparisons or could be guided toward one, then I wouldn't be asking all these questions. Usually when I have answers I don't continuously inquire about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nicole
    GoodAsGold, this is what, your 7th thread on this subject? You are beginning to figure out what most opticians know: it is indeed "mind boggling" how many options there are for you in lenses out there. If you trust your optician, then let him/her guide you. He/She knows you and your history in lenses, your prescription, and has you there in person while trying frames, none of this internet stuff.

Now having that said, you can take this or leave it- IMO, if you are happy and comfortable in your current Varilux lens, don't confuse the issue by picking all the other designs to pieces. If it aint broke, dont fix it, right? You have a lens you are comfortable in, and you would probably be just as successful in the other Varilux lenses as well. If you want to switch, than have your optician recommend one and go for it! If not, then stay in your current lens. It's that simple. You have my best wishes. Good luck!

Thread Information