Thread: I LOVE this !!!

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

No matter who you voted for I LOVE this.. for once people actually are showing an interest in VOTING ...
    I for one take great pride in the fact that we elect our representation and have voted every year since I turned 18 ..and I'm glad to see that people actually know that ONE vote does and can make a difference.
    Talk about close .. it's now less then a 200 vote difference with over 5 million total votes here in FL. .. the only thing I can see holding it up is they should have to wait for those out of the country voters to file (they have 10 days) usually it is not a factor but how could they NOT wait for these votes with this race being so close? It's not that I think it will give an advantage to Gore or Bush I just think if you are registered and want to vote then THAT vote should be counted no matter who it is posted for.
    No matter who you voted for I still think this is great to see people motivated and actually taking interest in the process.
    If you didn't vote .. SHAME on you .. I know because of a confusion my wife was turned away and I think I'll make her sleep in the spare room for the rest of the week!! :)

I for one am proud of all of us.. political leanings put aside .. maybe now even more people will get involved from now on ...

BTW all of you that bashed me :) and told me about that 10 point win by Bush.. what happened? :) I for one am not going to gloat.. at this point it does seem childish, no matter what the end you might as well accept it same as I and who ever does win will be put into the position by the process .. I'm just happy to see that people actually got out there and took advantage of the process and did something about it ..

If you voted good for you .. if not SHAME on you ... no matter what, for me (a poltic nut) this has been one of the greatest races I have been involved with .. look at the big picture guys ya got a love this no matter who you support...

Jeff"go ahead and bash me all ya want" Trail

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Thumbs up

We have one young lady here who didn't register in time to vote (she's been royally chewed out by both her mother and myself ;) ).

I agree with you, Jeff. The really neat thing about this election was that, one way or another, your vote and my vote definitely counted! Years from now, when history teachers put this election up against the Kennedy-Nixon nailbiter, I'll be able to say "I voted in a close race in the closest state!"

Furthermore, the fact that the candidates turn to their lawyers- instead of generals and guerillas- to decide the outcome of this change of administrations is a testimony to the "beacon of freedom" that is the United States of America.

Pete "voting American" Hanlin

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There was a man in line in front of my mom and he just moved here not too long ago and forgot to change his voter registration so he didn't get to vote either. My God that was like one of the first things I thought about!! When I first moved it was around election time so I absentee voted so that would not happen to me. I second your shame on you if you didn't vote, Jeff! They sure don't have a right to complain if they don't like who is running things then do they???
    Steph

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This could really be the most exciting election in our history. Who knows who will will at this point and that's not even the point. Just as others have said, every vote counts.

I told my staff that they could take off to vote, (with pay), and one of them didn't and was going after work. She said because of the electoral college, she didn't feel that one vote counted anyway. BOY was that an incorrect statement. Maybe here in Georgia, the race wasn't as close, but I believe that this is what our country needed to wake up to their responsibilities in voting.

I'm also proud of every one of you who chose to voice your opinion and vote. I took my 2 1/2 year old grandaughter with me, (thinking it would only be about 10 - 15 minutes), and it took an hour. I just prayed half way through that she didn't tell me that she needed to go potty. Fortunately, she didn't. The voting people gave her the same forms and documented them for her when she put them up with mine. She told her mommy that she had boated for the presdint, too. She even got her sticker (which in Georgia is a peach). She wouldn't take it off, because she was proud. Maybe it was good to take her to the polls with me.

:)
    Diane

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Thumbs up

Great posts everyone and big kuddos to us that voted. They will talk about this election in the same breath as the DEWEY vs TRUMAN election. Better same those early newspaper editions. A stunning Nov.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

The early edition of the Kansas City Star said Bush won the presidency. They had to recant due to the recount and published another edition to say everything was on hold.

Regardless of how you voted, the one thing I will never do again is watch the network election returns. I was watching Tom Brokaw and Katie "show us your intestines" Couric on NBC. Every state that Gore won, they smiled. Every state that Bush won, there was a look of disappointment. All of their commentators were Bush bashers. Can everyone say "bias in the newsroom" ?

Bob V.

Idea

Hey Bob,

You are not the only one who noticed that.....don't ya love the media? So much for objective reporting.....

Thread Information