Thread: Brownies

OptiBoard Apprentice

Well, it's 12:27 in the AM and I am wired, you know why, because at 11:00 PM I stared to make brownies, since I live alone, I got to lick WHOLE BOWL for both the brownies and the cheesecake swirl.

Now I know why my mother never made them late a night, alway durning the day.

Just wanted to get credit for another posting and to hopefully make a few of you smile.

Richard

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Unhappy

Ah so thats why it was so windy last night then :D

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Um Richard,

You bake? "Cheesecake swirl." Remember: men cook, women bake ;-) Actually I bake a little myself but I prefer cooking. Cooking is a good stress reliever for me. Yup, nothing like going back to saucier thinking and making a good red wine with peppercorn sauce for a one inch thick T-bone marinated with a dry rub, cooked medium rare. Man am I getting hungry now and it's only...damn it's noon already ;-)

Well, if I ever need any baking advice I know who to ask. If you should ever need any cooking tips just give me a holler.

Take care and watch that sugar intake.

Darris C.

OptiBoard Apprentice

Darris,

I know that women are usually the ones that bake, but since I live alone if I don't cook then I will either starve or get to know even more about the Pizza Hut guy.

To tell you the truth, anything that I didn't throw in the crock pot and let it cook it's self is a small miracle if it's not beans and rice.

Richard

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    WHEN IS DINNER?!!! Actually I am a pretty good cook myself. I really wanted to go to culinary school, but alas I found myself amidst the wonderful world of optical. While I do enjoy helping people see nothing but nothing compares to the "UM THAT IS DELICIOUS" Makes my day every time. Unfortunately my schedule is such that I don't have time nor the energy most days for cooking.
    BON APPETITE!!!
    Steph

Optical Educator
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

It takes a sensitive man to cook AND bake!

I am the world's worst cook. I am the youngest of 4 sisters, and was kicked out of the kitchen most of the time.

But, I am neurotic about cleaning all day! I can't cook to save my life, but you could eat off any surface in my house (if there was something to eat!)

As my husband says,

"Laurie makes great.....reservations"!

: )

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Well Richard, you definitely made me smile. Largely because I'm sitting here, its 12:17 am, I'm wired and just finished mixing up a batch of muffins I can toss in the oven in the morning before work. This is exceptionally amusing because just as I'm typing this I realize that the last time I tried to use the oven, it wouldn't heat up. I had totally set that aside in my mind. Anybody want to bake muffins for me? I'm really glad I ran out to the store at 11:30 because I was out of butter!

OptiBoard Novice
    To quotye the great Homer (Simpson):

"MMMMMMMMMMMMM,BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:)

------------------
    jason Boucher
    Practice Manager
    Cambridge Hospital Eye Center
    Eye Consultants of Cambridge

Thread Information