Thread: Look Closely

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Look Closely

Check our what is really going on with legislation for our troops by Republicans at this close of session. Why an attachment to drill for oil in Alaska on to this legislation? This has nothing to do with things as usual just as Mission Accomplished did.

Screw the Patriot Act...because they want to know everything....yes...I wear an underwire bra....ooh, la lah!. Next time I will lay on the conveyor belt at the airport and you can x-ray me. Why do you need my major credit card...to check my bank accounts? I would like 8 mill transfered in there so I can retire in style.

Yes, I feel that my privacy has been invaded. Iraq has nothing to do with Bin Laden. Are we dealing with schizophernia, George, or are you bi polar that we can't see the forrest through the trees?

Bad address email on file finklstiltskin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Heishman
    George, or are you bi polar that we can't see the forrest through the trees?
    Please, now. I'm bipolar and don't want anything in common with Dubya!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Heishman
    Iraq has nothing to do with [Osama] bin Laden.
    If President Bush had conducted our foreign policy after 9-11 as if OBL were the only threat to our national security, then al-Qaida would have scored a significant success by crashing those planes and killing all those people. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the Bush administration, al-Qaida has reaped a different reward for themselves from the Twin Towers attack: Ruin - IMO. The ruin of al-Qaida, for the most part. And another developing national security threat, the wayward and unpredictable course of Iraq under Saddam Hussein, has been changed for the better. Has it been costly for us? You bet. Will there be more sacrifices by our service people? Probably even as I am posting.

Look closely, as you suggest. You've made some good points here. But don't overlook this:

Photo credit: http://www.indepundit.com

For some of the latest news and best commentary on the situation in Iraq, see RinselNews™ on the web.
    Last edited by rinselberg; 12-24-2005 at 05:59 PM.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Tacking on a few non related items to a bill is a common legislative practice. Cripes, a lot of eye care related legislation gets passed (or defeated) that way.

I also want to enjoy my retirement, that’s why I have no problem with the Patriot Act. When we get on an airplane to go visit the grandbrats we want to know that a maximum effort has been made to insure that there is not some Islamowierdo also on the flight. If we have to produce credit cards, drivers licenses and my membership card in the John Burch Society then so be it.

If you want to retire in style you had better hope that we do not have any more major terrorist strikes in the USA. You might also want to put some of that ANWAR gas in your Town Car.

rinselberg - Thanks for the picture.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Rinselberg ---- great photo!

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker
    If you want to retire in style you had better hope that we do not have any more major terrorist strikes in the USA. You might also want to put some of that ANWAR gas in your Town Car.
    I'd rather use up all of Saudi Arabia's oil before depleting the last of our land based reserves. I might not think that way if I was in the oil biz though.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    The Senate just rejected the drilling provision.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10560979/

Thread Information