For my Computer + Reading pair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For my Computer + Reading pair

I am in Computer Programming field, and will soon be joining a Grad program in Bioinformatics (a field that use Computer programming, Biology, Math, and Engineering).

I will buy rimless frame and use high index lens and best AR or if my choice of lens meets the fiitting size of my current frame, I will use that frame. I will not choose lens based ONLY on frames. Please kepe that in mind.

For the following Computer RX:

+2.00 -0.75 150
    +0.75 -0.50 040

Keeping in mind that my use of Computer is almost all my waking hours + I NEED to be able to read books, notes, etc. while on computer, what technology and what AR will you recommend?

Sandy

I do not know all of the information that I would need to process this Rx in a computer lens.

But for a lens for the computer and near I would recommend the Shamir Office. I have been wearing this lens for the past 5 years and really like it.

I have also fit it on other computer programmers.

Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Thornhill
      Sandy

I do not know all of the information that I would need to process this Rx in a computer lens.

But for a lens for the computer and near I would recommend the Shamir Office. I have been wearing this lens for the past 5 years and really like it.

I have also fit it on other computer programmers.

Jerry
      Thanks. I am making one using Shamir Office. I am working on regular pair now.

Comment

please help transpose to sv computer -3.50 +2.50 x 009 +3.00
        -2.25 +2.25 x 175

Comment

Originally posted by BEBER View Post
          please help transpose to sv computer -3.50 +2.50 x 009 +3.00
          -2.25 +2.25 x 175
          I wouldn't do a SV-but a lot would depend on what type of work the patient does, how far away the computer is, etc. This might sound old school, but I have found that for certain occupations a FT computer pair works best-even if the patient wears a PAL for everyday use.

Comment

Working...
          X