Thread: Should I go for Rodenstock Impression?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Should I go for Rodenstock Impression?

I'm struggling with two pairs of glasses (reading and distance) and really want one good pair.
    I'd sort of decided to go for Varilux Ipseo lenses, however the family finances are a bit limited at the moment so hubby called in some favours and has found an optician (friend of a friend) who'll give us a discount on our glasses. The best lenses that this optician can provide are Rodenstock Impression ILT 1.74. and they can do lindberg air titanium frames (which I like because they feel as though you're not wearing glasses and are also toddler resistant)
    I'm still not sure whether to go for these lenses (I'm so indecisive when it comes to spending lots of money) so I thought I'd ask you guys AGAIN!
    My prescription is
    R sph -7 cyl -0.50 axis 155
    L sph -6 cyl -0.50 axis 160

Add +1.25D near +1.50

requirements or recommendations BVD - 12 mm

my age 47
    I really want one good all round pair of glasses that I can use for most things as my three year old toddler makes it very difficult to be swapping glasses. I'm a designer and illustrator and use the computer a lot.

Any input would be much appreciated

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Rod. Impressions describes a series of lenses that are all very good, but different from each other

Impressions S
    Impressions ILT XS
    Impressions ILT

it might be worth asking which lens thay are recommending

from the same company, but cheaper, the Multigressive (MG2), is an excelent all-rounder, and looking at your prescription might be a cheaper lens, with virtually no change in performance

I would also look at zeiss gradal top and Nikon "i series"

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    The lenses are Impressions ILT

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Unless you have chosen a very bowed frame, or have a particularlary tricky fit, there is little adavntage over a ILT and a MG2. the ILT (in the UK) is priced much higher than a MG2 (also by Rodenstock - which is what your optician seems to want to dispense)
    I would probrably save the money, get a MG2, and invest in a occcupational pair / straight pair of readers for those times when you are doing a lot of illustrating or VDU work

I believe you will struggle to find 1 pair of glasses to suffice for all times of your normal day, I would be inclined to treat the progressives as your general purpose pair, and your Occupational / readers as a supplementary pair. If you think about the following 2 tasks: VDU and Driving - the VDU screen takes up the same place in your visual field as your windowscreen on your car, that is why one pair of glasses will be a poor choice, because we can not upset your distance vision (driving) by putting intermediate power (VDU) in the same place on the lens. This means the VDU and Near portions of the lens are limited in size and placement on even the best progressive lens designs, and a head movment is required to access them, which for sustained periods is not comfortable

Treat your progressives as a distance lens with some reading and intermediate help - which is great for 90% of tasks 90% of the time, and your occupational spectacles as a product that addresses a specific working need, when you are sat down concentrating mainly on your work

to be fair to the other manufacturers lenses, there are equivelently good lenses from zeiss, essilor, nikon, sola etc

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have experience about this lens
    so i will recomment you
    Impression ILT Xs 1.74 that is very good
    Just ILT with out Xs is too long corridor for ADD 175
    too deep to find reading point
    this lens are the largest distance vision in the world that "i conferm"
    specially when you drive at night (or day:))
    with instant adaptation will getting use to quickly

and remember every 2-3 months you should go to optician to check
    FFA and CVD this lens need correct parameter specially in FFA (Face Form Angle) if parameter fail performance of the lens are fail too!!

about Ipseo is also best if your butget is ok
    specially with dynamic vision!!

Best Regard
    :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop: :drop:

Thread Information