I'm 62 years old and have been successfully wearing progressive lenses for about 20 years. My previous lenses were Zeiss Gradals which worked great. I have moved to a new city were Zeiss lenses are routinely sold, so my new optician dispensed Varilux Panamic lenses to fill a recent prescription. I am VERY unhappy with the narrow field of view for distant objects provided by these new glasses. I asked the optician to double check if these lenses are actually panamic's since the range of view surely doesn't seem like it. He said they are panamic's and he double-checked the fitting. My old Zeiss Gradals were much wider in their usable field of view. Do the Varilux Panamic's generally have a smaller range of view than the Zeiss Gradals? My old Ziess lenses were fine in that regard. Myprescription had changed a bit and that was my only reason for getting new glasses. I am also wondering if I would have a wider field of view if I had gotten the Varilux Panamic Ipseo or the Zeiss Individual lenses? I can not keep what I have now. They are far too narrow and the worst progressives I've ever worn. I still wonder if they are really panamic's. I checked the lens markings and the <e> airmark is there to indicate that they are Varilux lenses but I can't see anything indicating they are panamics. Should this be marked on the lens. Sorry I do not know my prescription. I'm also thinking about getting rid of the new Varilux lenses and ordering Zeiss Gradals. Any and all suggestions/comments welcome. If it makes any difference, I live in Newfoundland, Canada. TIA