Thread: Okay Dungy, go ahead and shut it down till post-season...

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Okay Dungy, go ahead and shut it down till post-season...

I'm watching the Colts ease through Jacksonville, and its obvious they are capable of going 16-0...

However, I'm also watching cheap shot after cheap shot as Jacksonville seems determined to put someone from the Colts on IR (the latest being a 180 twist of Fletcher's leg after he was already down), so...

Go ahead Dungy, let's see Sorgi, Stokely, and Rhodes out there for the final 3 games (well, start Manning for a series, let him toss a TD, and then get him on the sideline).

13-0 and Superbowl bound! :cheers:

PS- With the backups in, I predict 15-1* in the record books this year... Those '72 Dolphins should invite Manning to the champagne party this year.

*game given away due to apathy
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

A chink in the armour?

I don't think the Colts took anything off their game today, they played as hard as any team I've seen this year. They just came up against a team who could beat any other team on any given Sunday. Today was that given Sunday for the Colts. I hated to see their streak end because Pete has paid enough dues to bask in the glory a little longer.....but that's football. Sorry Pete!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Actually, I came away from the game feeling really good! It would have been different if the Colts hadn't come back to make it 17-16 at one point, however...

In the end, they could easily have won the game (in fact, if Peyton hadn't gotten tagged with that intentional grounding call- which he deserved- my guess is they would have won). In reality, however, winning this week's game may have been horrible for the team- because they needed to understand that anything less than their best isn't going to cut it.

I'm not suggesting they didn't put it all on the field- I'm saying the offensive line blocking was poor (sometimes non-existant), and the defense didn't get the Chargers off the field often enough (although I would like to see this game again with Simon and Mathis playing- maybe I will get to see just that in Indy later in the year).

Manning looked pretty sharp- considering he was getting flattened half the day. The only thing I'm waiting to hear is whether Diem will be back in the line-up by the playoffs. Last I saw, they were fiddling with his knee on the sideline.

About the only thing that drew any ire from me during the day was that idiot Griese on TV claiming the '72 Dolphins were "pulling for the Colts." That pretty much bumped him from my "ambivalent" list to my "the guy's a jerk" list.

Secretly, I think Dungy has to be pretty pleased. Now he can go in and be the coach that says "Hey fellas, its time to start working on improving!"
    So, there it is- we don't have to worry about going undefeated anymore, we can relax against Seattle and play an exhibition game (and then beat Arizona to get pumped up for the post-season), and everyone can hunker down there in Indy. Meanwhile, Bob Griese will hopefully have one too many champagnes, do something rude to a cop on the way home, and be subjected to repeated cavity searches (see why you don't want to go on my "he's a jerk" list).
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    And this week's prize for rationalization goes to.......

;)

Thread Information