Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Essilor lens for me?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    They faxed, but the quality is terrible. However, it is clean enough to read that Shamir Genesis and Piccolo are definitely on there, and Office is in that semi-grayed-out box that means it's available, but only through someone or other special. They're sending me a clean copy, which I should have Monday. If I, unlike today, remember to bring the fax home, I'll try to make my scanner work again so you can at least see it in black-and-white, or in this fax's particular case, grayscale.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Spartus and Adam,

Sorry that I haven't been on the board lately as my furniture arrived a little early from California and I have been scrambling.

I will be happy to email you the information you need.

Jerry

Keep on truckin...
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartus
    They faxed, but the quality is terrible. However, it is clean enough to read that Shamir Genesis and Piccolo are definitely on there, and Office is in that semi-grayed-out box that means it's available, but only through someone or other special. They're sending me a clean copy, which I should have Monday. If I, unlike today, remember to bring the fax home, I'll try to make my scanner work again so you can at least see it in black-and-white, or in this fax's particular case, grayscale.
    Thank you for the work! This will make it easier for us to promote these lenses as now we will be able to get a high quality coating on them.

Adam

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Makes no difference....................

t
    Quote Originally Posted by Dd
    I am: OD + 1.00 - 025 x 120
    OS + 1.00 - 025 x 180
    Add + 1.50
    Actually your prescription is so simple and straight forward youi can go to any optician and ask for the least expensive lens in progresives. It does not matter whatever you take.................they are all the same.

I will be stoned for making this statement by all of tehm.

Quote Originally Posted by roxysmom
    I have never been so happy with a pair of glasses!
    Good luck with whatever you decide!!
    Where is your optician located? I need a place like that.

If you don't want to write it here, you can send private message to me via optiborad or email me at amanda992005@yahoo.com but inform me that you send email there since I don't usually check email there and use it for misc purposes.

Thanks for the replies.

Actually... the fella that told me that plastic is more scratch resistant than
    Poly seemed pretty experienced to me... until he said that. ;)

Nobody is pushing the Panamic that's for sure. Are they a lot more money?
    If I can get them to talk about a Varilux lens they only want to sell the comfort. Most places look at me like I'm a trouble maker for bringing up the varilux at all. :finger:
    Guess what? I was treated the same way when I brought up Panamic. One place is so against varilux it's like personal vandetta.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Optical
    As a distributor of Crizal and Crizal Alize' I am almost positive that this is not possable. I will check after I post, but I do not remember seeing the Shamir Office as an approved Crizal Alize' lens.
    I was about to say that form what I read online about approved Crizal and Crizal Alezi, Shamir products were not included.

Perhaps there is a rogue lab out there, or someone sold you a name.
    This makes me wonder how we could ever know for sure that the AR they said they put is what they said they would. Can we take the lens to another place and ask to check it?

I broke off two calls to Essilor Lens reps and one PM to Pete Hanlin and did not get a definiative answer from any of them. I also broke off a call to my Crizal Processing Center and they told me... NO. Just so that everyone knows, I am not fighting this. I am simply saying that I need to know so that I can stop putting Crap AR on my Shamir lenses.. Crap compared to Alize that is.

Adam
    Are you saying that Zeiss Advantage is not as good as Alize?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    what qualities do you value in a coating?

• durability
    • lack of reflection%
    • hardness
    • water reppelance
    • ease of cleaning
    • ability to withstand changes in temparature
    • colour of residual hue

OptiBoard Apprentice
    [QUOTE=Sandy]Join the club.

Exactly how I felt.

At the very least I might ignore the 50% off sales and read this forum for a few months before making a decision. I might just stick with the two pairs of readers I've been carrying... not sure. /]quote]

Wise.

It's not easy, the chains still have those sales going big time.
    I thought I had done well not yielding to temptation and then eye masters extended their 50% off sale through the next couple weekends!!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser
    t

Actually your prescription is so simple and straight forward youi can go to any optician and ask for the least expensive lens in progresives. It does not matter whatever you take.................they are all the same.

I will be stoned for making this statement by all of tehm.
    Really?
    So there would be no advantage to the Panamic over the Ovation??
    Why?

Any stone chuckers disagree with this?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Guess what? I was treated the same way when I brought up Panamic. One place is so against varilux it's like personal vandetta.

I've been getting a "What's with the questions? Just buy some dang glasses already." attitude. But isn't that their job? I really don't need much help to look at frames. lol. I've had people help me who have never heard of Crizal.
    Using the word Help loosely here...

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee
    LensCrafters uses several different brands.

The current A/R of choice is their Scotchguard brand. They carry a few single vision coated lens in stock, but all multifocals are coated at an independent specialty lab. They are an Essilor product, so the coating is only available those products, Ovation or Varilux in Poly or 1.67 plastic. It is similar to the Crizal Alize, but doesn't carry the same warranty.

The other option is their regular A/R. It can be applied to any material. It is applied at an Essilor lab as well.

Other progressive manufacturers they carry include, Vision Ease and Sola.

Cassandra
    I didn't like the way they had the Packages set up.
    It was like you couldn't get what you wanted w/o getting something you didn't need... don't remember exactly.
    Seems like they are really pushing the scotchguard. I was turned off by the misinformation though.
    The guy I talked to couldn't even tell me when the sale ended... I found out later it ended that day.
    I did like their frames however.

Keep on truckin...
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    Are you saying that Zeiss Advantage is not as good as Alize?
    My limited experience with Zeiss Carat Advantage leads me to believe that Crizal Alize' is a superior AR coating. Our scratch returns on Carat Advantage were so high that we discontinued use of the product. That is just my personal experience with the product. Hopefully your experience has been better.

Adam

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I got the chart today. I was going to scan it, but my scanner doesn't seem to want to cooperate. So I'll sum it up:

• Genesis - CR39 Clear/Trans Gray, 1.67 Clear/Trans Gray, 1.60.
    • Piccolo - CR39 Clear/Trans Gray, Poly clear only.
    • Office - CR39 Only.

Additionally, it shows Genesis & Piccolo CR39 clear only available as "Full Lens Order only", and all the rest as a "Full Lens Order and Custom Coating"

Interestingly--and I don't know if this is news or not--it shows Gradal Top CR39 Clear in the "Custom Coating Only" from your Essilor Processing center. Wow, and Round 22 made the list, too.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    I got the chart today. I was going to scan it, but my scanner doesn't seem to want to cooperate. So I'll sum it up:
    • Office - CR39 Only.

Additionally, it shows Genesis & Piccolo CR39 clear only available as "Full Lens Order only", and all the rest as a "Full Lens Order and Custom Coating"

Interestingly--and I don't know if this is news or not--it shows Gradal Top CR39 Clear in the "Custom Coating Only" from your Essilor Processing center. Wow, and Round 22 made the list, too.
    Does this mean it is not available in transitions brown with Crizal alize?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    No brown at all, Gray only. Sorry.

Keep on truckin...
    Occupation
    • Office - CR39 Only.

Thank you very much! Sent my first Piccolol Trans Gray Alize order today!

Hopefully they fill it.

Adam

Thread Information