Question to Catholics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cindy Hamlin
    I will probably be haunted by my Grandma for saying this, but Pope HEAL THY PRIESTS! Is he not condemning a large number of the very people they protected and that they are prosecuting now?
    I would like to point out that homosexuals are not pedophiles and pedophiles are not necessarily homosexuals (even when the abuse is man on boy). This is, incidentally, the official position of the Catholic church, one they arrived at a couple of years ago after convening a scientific symposium on child abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by coda
      I would like to point out that homosexuals are not pedophiles and pedophiles are not necessarily homosexuals (even when the abuse is man on boy). This is, incidentally, the official position of the Catholic church, one they arrived at a couple of years ago after convening a scientific symposium on child abuse.
      I never implied they were one and the same.

It is a matter of fact and public record that there are a number and have been a number of priests prosecuted for abusing boys (not men, but boys). Correct me if I am wrong, but is not an adult "insinuating" themself on a child a pedophile?

There have also been a number of priests lately that have come "out."

I would like to add that I think there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, but do not condone pedohpilia.
      ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Comment

Working...
      X