No announcement yet.

SETI - optical team - join here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes,running the software is important!!!
    That's the key

Comment

tianwa,

Let me be the first to say...welcome to Optiboard ! And to Seti as well.

Comment

Thank you,sean.Glad to be here.

Comment

Is the SETI program still on? Where can I read more about it?
          Photonics Market
          laser diode module

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonicGuy View Post
            Is the SETI program still on? Where can I read more about it?
            http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Comment

Originally posted by rinselberg View Post

I seem to be the only one still running SETI@home in my old group. That's me at the top.
              DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
              "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

thanks rinselberg , I'm an science fiction fan so I'm interested about this. Can someone tell me , how many resources(CPU,RAM) the program from SETI, wich analyzes radio telescope data, uses ?
                Photonics Market
                laser diode module

Comment

Originally posted by PhotonicGuy View Post
                  thanks rinselberg , I'm an science fiction fan so I'm interested about this. Can someone tell me , how many resources(CPU,RAM) the program from SETI, wich analyzes radio telescope data, uses ?

You can set it to constantly run in the background if you have a beefy setup, or it can just run as a screensaver. Either way, it's not an intensive program, it just uses unused CPU cycles. And if you have a super video card, it can also use your GPU to process.
                  DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                  "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

Part of being human is the inability to think in infinite terms, i.e. We've already been conquered and successfully resisted infinite times, we've been found infinite times, etc. It's likely there are infinite co-existing universes, given the small space limitations.
                    :cheers: Stop the merry go round, I'm ready to get off so someone else can have all the fun.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X