Thread: Survivor- What do you think?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I just finished watching Survivor. I still think Rudy should have been the one. Kelly and the ladies brought back so much of the "catiness" we shook in high school.

What do you all think?

I believe it is time for our own rendition somewhere in the states?

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

It's just entertainment. Going through 20 years of knuckledraggers in NJ, living through an armed holdup, a break in, plus a physical assault from an irate client makes Survivor pale. I was rooting for Rudy

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Unhappy

I was kinda rooting for Rudy too...not sure exactly why. I really did have a feeling that Rich would win though...Is it just me or does Rich seem REALLY odd?? It wasn't his sexual preference or nudity or anything like that but there just is just SOMETHING that I can't quite put my finger on....maybe just the way he talks, his delivery or something.....

OptiBoard Apprentice
    I was also hoping Rudy would get the money. I liked Survivor, but I'm curious about what really happened on the island. CBS only showed what they wanted us to see. This program was not at all what I was expecting at the beginning. I thought it would be more about who had the better survival techniques, not as much about the "catiness" or manipulation that went on. I guess I didn't factor the money into it well enough to see it coming.

~Sheila

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I found it interesting that the last 2 contestants were later scandalized (Rich by allegations of child abuse that were later dropped, Kelly by things dug up from her past). The whole thing seemed scripted to me... esp. when the one guy won a night on the yacht and his dad was there! That was just too convenient.
    Maybe they should have an "Opti-Survivor", where 16 unsuspecting individuals are given a PD ruler and the last one left after 39 days of dealing with unruly patients gets 50% off their next glasses purchase.

Blake

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blake I like the Opti-survivor idea. I grew up in NJ also like Dave and I work in WM so I think I will definately win!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I also thought the show would be different. I only watched one episode and that was quite enough for me.
    Have a great day everyone!
    Steph

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I thought Pete would jump in on Opti-survivor. I like Blake's idea. Hey we deal with green "cheese" all the time. Almost like eating bugs and such.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I knew you would have some great ideas. I like the VSP and Pit bull version. How many more weeks do we have to come up with?

How about one that requires holding our breath's for a period of time with likened individuals from your/my native area. They should be real "ripe" under Australian Conditions if we can get them on the plane and then confine them into a hut for um lets see....2 weeks?

Another contest would be the bag lady with 10 pair she can't see out of. We feed her to the sharks after we can't take it any more.

Which one of the survivors could supply food or defend themselves from a wild boar using using a frame as a weapon. Be creative!

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

How about having that really disgusting patient who comes in(you all know the ones you have waited on them too) and if you can get through the sale without gagging you win a paid day off! Or the ones who ask really stupid questions over and over again the opticians who can get through the entire sale without even the slightest giggle win a free dinner for two a a fine restaurant. What about the couple joined at the hip who share the "BRAIN". Whoever gets through that ordeal without having to take a much needed smoke break before closing the deal gets to go home early that day and doesn't have to wait on any customers they don't want to for the next week! Hey Pete you started it now I am on a roll! The really funny part is I KNOW all of us have waited on these people! They have different names and faces but they are all the same people. By the way a little trick for that first patient: Vick's vapor rub works like a charm to get through that ordeal! Ok no more hints. You all will have to figure out your own tips from now on!!LOL!
    Have a great weekend everyone!!!
    Steph

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Am I the only one who thought Kelly was going to win? I was hoping she would - she won the last 5 immunity challenges and that counts for something. Rudy would have been cool too, but I have to say that I threw everything within reach at the TV when Rich won. I'm all in for the Optiboard Survivor series! As long as there isn't a challenge where you have to swim through face cheese! :(

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

How about an hour of dealing with the customer who asks your opinion about frames and cannot make up their minds and rejects every idea you offer! They go further, telling you what they want and when you show them what they specified, they say no that's not it! The optician who can pass the urge to "take them out" with only their bare hands wins the equivalent of three immunity challenges!

Thread Information