Thread: World cup 2006 team USA

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

World cup 2006 team USA

just curious as to how many of you plan to watch the soccer world cup next year, I must say i was very impressed by team USA at the last one, and i think you will do well in Germany. With the Aussies qualifying as well i think it is going to be a great tournament.I still get the mpression that most Americans have no interest in soccer or is that changing ?
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikon44
    just curious as to how many of you plan to watch the soccer world cup next year, I must say i was very impressed by team USA at the last one, and i think you will do well in Germany. With the Aussies qualifying as well i think it is going to be a great tournament.I still get the mpression that most Americans have no interest in soccer or is that changing ?
    What is Soccer again!

It's American Football season!

Actually I just learned that a friend of mine is now the CEO of the Chicago MLS team. And of course he is from England!

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Soccer is a kindergarten amusement in this neck of the woods. I don’t think that will change anytime soon.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker
    Soccer is a kindergarten amusement in this neck of the woods. I don’t think that will change anytime soon.

you have to remember wher the world series is... opps its not in europe, china, australaisia, or even africa... now where in the big wide world could it be?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker

thats cos you play a girls game... rounders.. ooopps baseball... so slapdash of me..

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Watching soccer is like going on a three-hour date where, every twenty minutes, you think you might get to hold hands with her. And you do, once.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by spartus
    Watching soccer is like going on a three-hour date where, every twenty minutes, you think you might get to hold hands with her. And you do, once.
    I guess if you have not grown up with a knowledge or appreciation of soccer then you wont know how exciting it can be to watch a game where only one goal or no goals are scored. The rest of the world plays this game, dont you think you might be missing out on something?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    McDonald's has a lot of locations. Doesn't mean the food's good.

I am mostly playing around, you know. :bbg: I grew up playing the game, and followed to an extent in 1994, when the World Cup was played here. But it just doesn't hold any appeal for me, since I haven't bothered to learn the intricacies. Or much beyond the basics, really.

The only sport I find more boring is hockey--take all the boring aspects of soccer, then add ice, skates, a subatomic "ball" that travels at the speed of sound, and fighting.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by spartus
    McDonald's has a lot of locations. Doesn't mean the food's good.

I am mostly playing around, you know. :bbg: I grew up playing the game, and followed to an extent in 1994, when the World Cup was played here. But it just doesn't hold any appeal for me, since I haven't bothered to learn the intricacies. Or much beyond the basics, really.

The only sport I find more boring is hockey--take all the boring aspects of soccer, then add ice, skates, a subatomic "ball" that travels at the speed of sound, and fighting.
    Will you bother to watch if say the USA are drawn to play Brazil or Italy, these are some of the top teams in the world.

Thread Information