Thread: Darris, where are you???

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Have you abandoned us all and found some new forum to share your knowledge with???

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Hmmm, this could be a neat game! Like "Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego?" or something. The last time I saw Mr. Chambless, he was in the New Orleans International Airport. I theorize that, while I have heard from him on the Internet since then, he has really been spying on the Chinese for the up and coming Bush administration- seeing how they will have to clean up the foreign relations mess left by the current administration.

After all, the US invited 24 members of the Chinese military to visit Harvard for lectures on American response theory to Taiwanese invasion... (not that it's being covered by the major media or anything). So, he's probably hanging on to the bottom of a taxicab somewhere in New England right now with a XJU-76.3 unit strapped to his back, eavesdropping on the secret communications of a Red Army Major with the Chinese embassy.

Anyway, that's my guess...
    Pete "the brown dog bit the green bisquit, again I say, the brown dog bit the green bisquit... come in agent 3.1428571" Hanlin

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Oh but to see it from another perspective.. the culprit is CHAD!!!.. he has kidnapped Darris and sold him on the white slave optical market.. someone right now has him chained to a lensometer and making him dispense..hope they are atleast feeding him well..
    Chad is the undercover spy pulling the ole switch a roo....

Jeff "the fox is in the hen house (over) repeat,the fox is in the hen house" Trail ID #3.74 ..or better known as "6 base" :)

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Hi all,

Agent Orange here :-) If I told you were I've been I'd have to kill you. It's top secret. Oh, I've still been lurking around out on the fringe but I just don't feel contributory (if that's a word) here lately.

I'll be back as soon as my sense of humor returns. Until then you all take care of yourselves and I'll keep an eye on you.

Darris C.

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Ut oh.... don't know about ya'll but knowing that Darris is lurking and watching is making me nervous. Someday, someone is going to say something and the smart, funny man is gonna get them. Think I'll go hide under my bed until he is back and himself
    Suzy

Rising Star

Originally posted by Suzy W:
    Ut oh.... don't know about ya'll but knowing that Darris is lurking and watching is making me nervous. Someday, someone is going to say something and the smart, funny man is gonna get them. Think I'll go hide under my bed until he is back and himself
    Suzy
    I heard he went back to NAWLINS to visit his, uh, niece.

------------------

"Come see me now, heah?"

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thanks Bob... that sure does make sense. I hope that he is having fun with his "niece".
    Suzy "still under her bed"

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Gees Darris,
    I know how you feel. Been there done that. Can we prescribe you some Prozac to lift your mood? I don't have that personally in my medicine cabinet but I have several options that maybe acceptable to your HMO/Managed care plan. Pete probably has some options for you also. It also doesn't hurt to share with us who have been privy to your wonderful personality over the last several years. Miss you.

[This message has been edited by Bev Heishman (edited 08-31-2000).]

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Ok guys!
    If any of our artistic boarders designs a "Where in the World is Darris?" T shirt...I want one...may I suggest that we put his silhouette on the back...and the secret formulae of opticianry (preferrably upside down) on the front...along with Darris' known aliases (plumber, refrigerant technician... I know there were some more) listed below his silhouette. Maybe someone else has a good idea for a design???
    jP (Darris fan and proud of it)

Thread Information