Thread: Vision Ease

Bad address email on file jherman's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Vision Ease

Anyone want to take a guess the amount of money Vision Ease will make with their poly, 28, photochromic lens?

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Hopefully, a whole bunch

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Wow, I have always said that it is not a matter of difficulty as much as a matter of lens companies trying to force people out of FT's into PALs. People called me an idiot for saying so, yet a small company like vision ease does it and does it quickly

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Thumbs up Proof my point.....................

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    Wow, I have always said that it is not a matter of difficulty as much as a matter of lens companies trying to force people out of FT's into PALs. People called me an idiot for saying so, yet a small company like vision ease does it and does it quickly
    I have been accused over and over again to downplay the importance of PALs which is actually not a fact and not true. PALS should be used properly for the right person and use.

However there are still more poeple in North America wearing and liking Flat Tops which are the right type lenses for many users.

I am glad that a manufacturer has found a nice niche to make sales with a lens that is very popular (Transition) and was not available in a FT 28. If successful maybe they will go for a FT35. As there is still a large market for such lenses they merit a medal for having the guts to swim against the stream.
    :idea:

Bad address email on file fvc2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have sold a pair and the patient loved them. He has worn transition in cr39 for a long time(needed poly, didn't want to give up transitions)

Great niche product

christina

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

probably as much as Younger will make with Transitions FT28 Trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by James Herman
    Anyone want to take a guess the amount of money Vision Ease will make with their poly, 28, photochromic lens?
    Younger will launch TRANSITIONS FT Trilogy at the end of the month:cheers:

Occupation

Blue Jumper Good job.....................

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD
    Younger will launch TRANSITIONS FT Trilogy at the end of the month
    Glad to hear this too.............and hoping they will be doing well.

These comments and actions by some manufacturers of lenses seem to prove my points made on this forum.....................that there is still a market for new lenses of old technology (as some optiboard members have refered to) that do not have surface astigmatism, as the word "distortion" has been changed to.

Bad address email on file jherman's Avatar
    Occupation

Freaking Awesome

Cha Ching

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD
    Younger will launch TRANSITIONS FT Trilogy at the end of the month:cheers:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up bout time....

I thought this will happen, just matter of time and a guts of certain manufacturer to advance the technology. I am sure trilogy have them and waiting for somebody to release it... it did not take them a long time to follow suit Vision E. Soon will have plenty of choices.... free market is great isn't it, its all bout MONEY!!!!

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    To celebrate the release of the Trilogy Transitions FT28 at the OLA this year, I did something interesting. Although I normally wear progressives and I try most of the designs out there, I had never worn a Flat-Top before. So, about a week ago, I put away my progressives and started wearing the FT28.

I really had very little problem adapting to it, although I set the seg just a touch lower than normal, since I had a news conference regarding the FT28 and I did not want to "fall over myself". I keep on surprising myself how good the distance and peripherial vision is, although intellectually I know this must be so. Reading has also been quite nice too. The line is slowly disappearing, although my brain works slower than most people, so it may be affecting my adaptation rate.

Anyways, I have new respect for patients that wear flat-tops, and it is not such a bad choice afterall. I will be returning to progressives in the future, but hopefully soon Younger will bring out the FT35 Transitions Trilogy and the Trifocal, so I can try those too.

Thanks for the good words on this new product.

ps. Although it looks simple, it was unbelievably difficult to make this product.

Dave

Occupation

Thumbs up Ft 28..........................

Quote Originally Posted by CEO
    .................... I had never worn a Flat-Top before. So, about a week ago, I put away my progressives and started wearing the FT28.

.....................Anyways, I have new respect for patients that wear flat-tops, and it is not such a bad choice afterall. I will be returning to progressives in the future, but hopefully soon Younger will bring out the FT35 Transitions Trilogy and the Trifocal, so I can try those too.
    Dave
    This post should mobilize the army of knights of the large optical corporate community, putting on their armour in defence of their progressive market.

Dave, if you never had a adapt problem it is because you never had anyhting else than progressives lenses to expirience, and that is just fine.

However if you do wear your new FT28 for an extended time and even switch to a FT35, .......which is my favorite..........get used to it and then go back to the progressive lenses, that is where you will see the difference.

I am sure the optical retailers will go for your new lens as it will be a player in the higher price categories which is a great motivation for many.

Thread Information