Hello again Mr. Steve,

Maybe I should be a little more clear with what I'm saying. Pete's posting was based on his knowledge of his chosen party and then based his "opinions" on said information This is what everyone interested in the political system does.

Your wife has intellectually (based on her scholastic teachings) and analytically dissected Pete's posting as a means by which to point out where he is wrong. I have no problem with that other than she is calling Pete's opinions "facts" and is basing her "facts" on her opinion and personal views. The best that could be hoped for would be to agree to disagree.

Finally to this little gem "I'm not disappointed in you and Jeff, just in the fact that you believe we can't discuss politics without it turning into something 'unpleasant'." Emphasis on "you believe that we can't." I could have a hay day with this whole thing there's no doubt. I'm a good debater simply because I have no one to impress and I don't worry about whom I might offend so I don't hold back, but I don't get personal until it gets personal.

I think "we" (your wife included) could have a great debate up to a point but whether intended or not politics always leads to differing opinions and differing opinions always lead to an argument and arguments lead to...jail in most states :-) Not to mention the fact that this WILL lead to something "unpleasant" not because I "believe" it will but because I KNOW it will and I have proof - Jeff is the proof. It has already happened. I'm not saying I'M going to make it unpleasant, I'm saying it will get unpleasant. Someone will have a problem with what's being said and will elect to say or do something about it that may cause problems.

Politics is a very volatile subject no matter how cordial or mature a person is about it. When I owned a bar a few years back I had a friend of mine tell me something that at the time I thought was kind of stupid. He said "In a bar you don't allow arm wrestling, conversations about religion or conversations about politics." I found out why the hard way. Granted this is not a bar but there is enough ego here to sink a ship :-)

One last thing, I honestly believe that if Marlena weren't your wife she would have been turned into mince meat by now. I also believe that much of the banter thus far would have been much less friendly had Malena's identity been kept secret. Even though I've played Pete's abilities down as to being able to "go after" someone on a subject, he is very capable of doing so a hundred times better than I can (now if we can just unleash the beast within there, Pete ole boy :-) I believe that he would have been the first "shredder" on this subject BUT because she's your wife...;-)

Well, I guess if this doesn't get my point across I will have to get very blunt ;-)

Darris Chambless

PS. Steve you know me and you know that this kind of subject matter is what I live for. I'm not a quiet guy and I enjoy getting into it with people when I know I can be triumphant in the endeavor. I won't however, do this to your wife because she is YOUR WIFE.