Thread: Cool way to "talk" on the Optiboard

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

Hey everybody,

I just thought I'd share an idea I had. (quit groaning!) I downloaded this little program called "Odigo" that lets you talk to people who are surfing the same websites as you are. So the way I see it instead of making Steve risk divorce by trying to create a hack that would allow us to "call" each other into the chat room....whoever was interested could just download this program (it's free and took about 2 mins to d/l)
    and while we are reading posts on the Board we could say hello or ask a question. It runs in the background and is not only easy to use, but it doesn't take much memory for the 'ole puter.

Thought I would pass it along....the address is www.odigo.com

Have fun and make sure you say hello if you "see" me cruising the Optiboard!

Chad "Mr. Gadget" Huber

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Hey Go-Go Gadget,

Chad did you see that post I put up a week or two ago on www.phonefree.com .. it works fairly well as well.. not puter to puter at a web sight but works like a phone.. you can even call computer to phone!! without signing off :)
    I'll go in search of your program as well .. any new toy I can tinker with I like, just don't tell my wife
    If you run across any other tinker toys be sure and "share" ..wouldn't want to have to call Darris and make him put you in the corner! :)
    BTW thank Darris for those tips for the "job market" out your way, I passed them along and it's all up to my nephew on what he does with it ..oh to be 19 and foot loose and fancy free again :) ta ta....

Jeff "the download king of mostly worthless programs" Trail

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wow, what a huge thing this Odigo could be....Judging by the responses it'll be Jeff and I talking to each while surfing the Optiboard...LOL
    I guess there aren't a whole passel of "early adopters" like Jeff and myself out there ;)
    Either that or no one wants to talk to either of us....hmmm, I'll prefer to think the former.

And I love PhoneFree too, I've used it at home for awhile, I think I downloaded it here too, but this thing has a massive Hardrive so I always forget what I have on here. (unlike at home, where I have to delete two files to make room for each new one)
    I too am a sucker for the "toys" (get your minds out of the gutter!!! You people are supposed to be professionals! ;)
    I have to have all the newest gadgets and download all of the "Time saving, wish Microsoft would've put in Windows" stuff.

Anyway I guess at least a couple of us can say hello in real time, although I saw that you were online a minute ago but didn't see you on Odigo....go figure.

Chad "What's that? Is it New and Improved? Can I have one?" Huber

P.S. My Odigo # is 1091288

OptiBoard Apprentice
    OKay... this sounds great. This is my second visit to this site. I just registered last week. I opened the chat room in one browser and continued looking around in another. Not much luck. I also found an area here where you can see who else is looking through the site and where they are. Didn't do me much good because I couldn't find a way to make contact. I think Odigo sounds great and plan to give it a try. Good find!

~Sheila

OptiBoard Apprentice

Idea

ARGHH!!!! I'm experiencing technical difficulties... I can't seem to complete the installation on ODIGO, It's saying something about my proxy settings. And here I thought I was a pretty tech savy person. Anybody care to help me out?

OptiBoard Apprentice

Redhot Jumper

Okay, I'm all set up. My Odigo number is 1213786 for anyone who wishes to correspond.

~Sheila

Thread Information