Thread: A Truly Sad Day for Opticians!

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Blue Jumper

I'm reading the paper over lunch, and I see the following headline "Teen Raped During Job Interview" Now, normally such a subject wouldn't catch my eye, but the particulars about this one did... here's the story:

JACKSONVILLE - An 18 year old woman told police she was raped by an employee while applying for a job.
    According to police, an employee at Regency Lifestyle Vision Center was showing the woman around the office Tuesday when he grabbed her, bound her hands to a chair with tape and raped her, police said.
    He then left the woman while he went on to wait on customers.
    When he returned, he started crying because he was afraid the woman would tell police. The woman convinced him she wouldn't, and was set free, police said.
    She left and called police.
    Police arrested Romano Estrada, 21, on charges of sexual battery and false imprisonment.
    This raises several questions to my mind:
    • What kind of moron would do something like this?
    • How do you dispense with an 18 year old tied up in the back??? "Thanks for coming, have a nice day, Mrs. Smith... I've got some unfinished business in the lab now."
    • "Don't tell the police?!? Well duh, of COURSE she's gonna tell the police!

People like this make me ! I hope Romano enjoys adjusting temples in the big house (where they only let you have plastic frames... we make glasses for a local prison).

Pete "Gimme a break" Hanlin

[This message has been edited by Pete Hanlin (edited 06-30-2000).]

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Hey Pete,

Let's hope Mr. Estrada receives conjugal visits from a big burly guy named "Twitch" :-)"You sure look cute in them jeans, boy! Come on over here and give me some lovin'" :-) Mr. Estrada would maybe think twice about ever doing something that stupid again.

At a job interview for ******'s sake! Do you know how dead that guy would be if that happened in my office? There wouldn't be any trial there would only be a dead body that needed to be taken to the morgue.

Talk to you later,

Darris "Does this mean optical personnel will now be labeled rapist automatically?" Chambless

[This message has been edited by Darris Chambless (edited 06-30-2000).]

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper

Unbelievable!

It gives all of opticianry a bad name. I agree with Darris.

We once had a "fella" of the same sex touch my colleague as he reached for a frame off the board. I was with in 6 feet and our patients who were waiting for us were also in house. I thought my colleague was going to deck him. My colleague told him to get out or else and he left.

What is next for this dude who did this or is there a supply of GHB hidden somewhere on premise?

Was he licensed and was this part of the exam? (Just kidding!!!!)

Bev

Thread Information