Quote Originally Posted by EyeManFla
I have no doubt that Pete will disagree with me, but........
Are they? I dunno!!!??? However, I have been fitting progressives for a long time and for the last 5-7 years, the Natural has been my lens of choice. I have worn the Panamic, the Comfort, the Natural, the VIP Gold and Image. By far, the Panamic has been the best.
Hi I am new here.

I have been wearing progressive (with ormex lens which was suggested by the optician after I chose the frame - a small frame) for 3-4 years.

After reading about Varilux Panamic recently - I haven't read up on other brand BTW - I became interested in Varilux Panamic.

(Q1)Assuming that I will find a frame that I like with fitting height 0f 18mm, which *lens material* I should use for Panamic for the following prescipriton?

Sph Cyl Axis Prism Add
R: +1.00 -0.75 150 - -
L: -0.25 -0.50 040 - +150

(Q2)A new frame I found and like has fitting height of 17mm and so I am thinking to just give up and Panamic in order to use this frame - I plan to do a computer pair regardless using the frame I have (fitting height of 15mm). If so, what types instead of Varilux Panamic would be good? I don't have to stick to Varilux brand. ANy good one is fine. And what lens material (CR 39 or Orma or higher index; see above prescription)?

(Q3)For the computer pair, I have a frame with fitting height of 15 mm. I have no clue what brand and type and lens mterial i should use. Someone suggested me Sola Access (probably polycrabonate htough she didn't sya it). From I have read, I think I should avoid polycarbonate. I'd like to know what to use.

I wonder whether I should be starting a new thread instead of responding here.