Thread: Grab a soda and sit a spell...

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Great idea, Steve...
    Maybe we can segment the Board a little to keep information posts seperate from "auggggh, don't you hate it when..." posts. Now the only question is- where's Darris???

As for me... I thought I felt a surge of energy when I was taking my shower the other morning (my electric razor, perhaps?)... then I log on the OptiBoard and see that I am a DemiGod! Wow!

Since then, however, my attempts to walk across water, cast evil spirits out of employees, and invoke curses on deranged patients have all failed. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to stick to Dema-gouguery instead of Demi-Godery!

Really, though, I look forward to the arrival of all the OptiBoarders from the old site to the "New World."

Pete "Brigham Young in search of Joseph Smith" Hanlin

[This message has been edited by Pete Hanlin (edited 05-09-2000).]

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Question

Hi Pete,

What do you mean where's Me? I'm right here :-)

I use to have the problem with all the god-like abilities too, but I got over it ;-)Walking on water is a snap, changing the weather, exercising the demons from employs and let me tell you about the curse I put on this one patient...Can we talk? :-) It's all second nature to me now. But I've been practicing for a long, long time ;-)

I haven't been around much because we have been swamped. I will not complain one little bit about it either. Business has been great and I'll thank the good lord for it all (the real one. Not Steve :-).

I'm stoked about the New Orleans gig. I can't wait to meet everyone. It should be interesting. I just hope we don't get arrested 'cause I don't know any of the cops there ;-) Just kidding :-) I had asked before because I haven't received my booklet yet, but I never got an answer. What courses are you teaching? I know you have two at 8:30 AM. I'll sign on for them so that you can't back out on Chad and I for hangin' out late into the evening. If you gotta be there so will I. Bob should be hangin' out with us as well so I think we'll be safe ;-)

I hope everyone can meet up somewhere after convention hours and we can have a big party sort of thing :-) Judy had better be there or I'll have to get pissy :-)

So in a nutshell all should be prepared for good food, drink and good company (of course with some of the convention stuff mixed in there as a filler :-)

Take care until then (you'll need to ;-)

Darris "I prefer 'demonic minion'" Chambless

[This message has been edited by Darris Chambless (edited 05-15-2000).]

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Originally posted by Darris Chambless:
    Darris "I prefer 'demonic minion'" Chambless
    Ask and ye shall receive!

Steve

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Uh guys... are we playing Dungeons and Dragons here or something? Cause if we are, I wanna know about it. I wanna be a neutral/good dwarf with healing abilities and an invisible potion (actually, I've never played D&D, but it was really big when I was a kid!).

I don't suppose Steve is going to favor us by being at New Orleans (after a few dozen shots, we might crack into his file of the "Unposted Posts" - might make for some interesting reading... 8^).

The classes that Pete (Demonic Minion that I now am) will be teaching are:

102 - Dispensing to the Myopic Patient (based on my ABOM thesis... good stuff)
    114 - Opthalmic Applications of Prism
    202 - The Power of the Pen (which I will gladly let Darris teach ;^)
    208 - A Little Bit of S.O.A.P.- Practically Applying a Prescription (got rave reviews at a NAO seminar I presented it at)...

I'm working on making all of them PowerPoint presentations. I have one completed so far... really slick stuff (now if it all works, we'll have something).

T minus 35 days to lift off... see you there!

Pete "My name is 'Legion,' for I am many" Hanlin

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Well Pete,

now that we are the Demonic Minion's of the board shall we reak havok on all of these do gooders :-) Just kidding. I like the title because it gives us kind of a cryptic ambiance, don't you think? :-)

I just recieved my packet from the OAA (boy those guys are fast aren't they (sarcasm of course? I will be attending "The Power of The Pen" just to make sure you are doing it right ;-) and "A Little bit of S.O.A.P. - Practically Applying A Prescription" which both Chad and I will be attending so that he will stop selling Pl -5.25 in 8 base wraps. My hands are getting a little raw from all the hand edging :-) I also have to attend a couple of Lady Di's classes to make sure that she is doing them right as well :-)

Do we know if Mr. Steve will be attending? If not, and because I'm now a Demonic Minion, I will have to put a curse on him and call him names.

Well I must go for now,

Darris Chambless, Demonic Minion Extraordinaire.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Blue Jumper

Sorry guys, but I won't be in New Orleans - at least not until the OLA in November.

As for "unposted posts" I've had to delete 4 off the OptiBoard just today. Someone using the catchy email address of 'JACKMEOFF@INYOURHOLE.NET' decided to bless the Board with his or her profanity laden nonsense.

I really don't understand why people have to be such jerks! You wouldn't believe the amount of time I have to spend dealing with stuff like this.

One of the good things about this new software is that this kind of thing will be MUCH easier to control!

Steve

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Excuse me!

You are not going to be in New Orleans? Did you fail to understand that I would be there? Me, you know Darris "fun":-) The guy with lilt and panache? :-)

What are you going to be doing fighting as an activist for non-descrimination against the obese or what? ;-) I've decided I'm going to start a group dedicated to the advancement of and non descriminatory practices against people with too much class. I will of course be the president of that group. But it's a toss up with fighting against descrimination toward people with too much hair. The reason for the later is that I'm sure the reason my last employer was such an *** to me was because I had a lot more hair than he did. It's just plain jealousy, that's all it could be ;-)

So Mr. "I'm Too Good For All You Other Guys" I guess we will just have to wait until some other time then. Maybe by then we will have reached the status that will be more acceptable to you, Hmmm? :-)

Take care, Dude and have a good week of the end.

Darris "Mom taught me all about guilt trips" Chambless

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Of course I'll be there..I'm bringing the entries in the drawing contest!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

I feel honored that you will be attending some of my courses. Now, there will be at least one to speak to. With the courses being held in New Orleans, one wonders if anyone will be awake or aware at that time of the day.

Oh well, I must behave, this year. Actually, with it being my husband's birthday weekend AND Father's Day, I will, alas have to vacate the premises on Saturday morning.

It would be great to have a photo time in New Orleans, and probably the best time and place would be at the OAA booth, with Judy in charge. Where's Judy???? Show her this new board.

Diane, (still only an immortal one)... (I like the little jumping bug).

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Hello Lady Di,

The jumping bug is mine, so there. :-)

I look forward to being in one of your classes. I promise I will not be asleep nor will I get that way while you are talking ;-)Chad and I are both planning on attending "The Well Fitting Frame". We won't be getting in until later Thursday evening so we will miss a day and this will be the only class you are teaching for the rest of the weekend. With that said who wants to come pick Chad and I up at the airport? Anyboby...? Anyone at all? :-) We promise not to keep you out too late Friday night if you wish to join us and whomever else would like to go.

I like talking to people one on one better than at a seminar. People tend to loosen up a little more when in a neutral environment otherwise they tend to talk about immediate subject matter. We are all friends here so let's get out there and gab :-)

Take care and see you there,

Darris C.

Thread Information