Thread: identifying watermarks and other questions

OptiBoard Novice

identifying watermarks and other questions

this site is very informative, even for non-professionals like myself. i had a pair of lindberg wire frames with zeiss gradal polycarb progressives which start to fracture within 2 or 3 months. the optician replaced the lenses with non-zeiss products, which is fine, but i'm interested in id'ing the mfg. the optician said that the lenses are made of trivex and the watermark looks like a martini glass - a "Y" with the top closed, or a triangle with an extension from the bottom apex. also, the add value, 225, is under the outer water mark.

i bought the glasses while traveling and have subsequently interacted by u.p.s and telephone, so sometimes communication with the opticians is slow. but they aim to please.
    comments and advice are welcome

thank you.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It is probably the Younger "IMAGE" in the Trivex material.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    The Lindberg frame that you bought is the Rim series manufactured by Lindberg in Denmark.. They supply the stores who work their line with a pattern (system that allows the optician to cut the lenses EXACTLY to the frame. That systems consist in a Positive pattern and a NEGATIVE pattern in wich the Optician has to put the lenses inside that negative pattern shape and see if the lenses are cut EXACTLY to the shape and size of the frame... If the Optician does not cuts the lenses in that way it might be a little to big for the wire that goes around the lenses and the lenses may crack... I am working with Varilux Lenses in Polycarbonate and most of the time (maybe 99.9%) there is no problem with them...
    Moises

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The lens you are wearing is a Image Trilogy it is manufactured by Younger. The material is Trivex. It is the strongest lens material to date. Lighter weight than poly, much clearer optics, and you won't have to ever worry about the lens spidering. Hoorah for the optician that was current with new technology and in my opinion, put you in an excellent lens material.

Once you get your feet wet...
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Three cheers for Trivex!!

Thread Information