Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 128

Thread: Women Make Better Opticians?

  1. #26
    OptiBoard Professional Lewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northampton, England
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Posts
    180
    Without wishing to offend any ladies out there, the following is meant purely as humour.

    Men Strike Back!!!!!



    How many men does it take to open a beer?

    None - It should be opened by the time she brings it



    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Why is a Laundromat a really bad place to pick up a woman?

    Because a woman who can't even afford a washing machine will probably
    never be able to support you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------





    Why do women have smaller feet than men?

    It's one of those "evolutionary things" that allows them to stand
    closer to the kitchen sink.






    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    How do you know when a woman is about to say something smart?
    When she starts her sentence with "A man once told me..."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    How do you fix a woman's watch?

    You don't. There is a clock on the oven.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Why do men break wind more than women?
    Because women can't shut up long enough to build up the required pressure.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------





    If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling at
    the front door, who do you let in first?

    The dog, of course - He'll shut up once you let him in
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    What's worse than a Male Chauvinist Pig?
    A woman who won't do what she's told
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    I married Miss Right.

    I just didn't know her first name was' Always'
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Scientists have discovered a food that diminishes a woman's sex drive
    by 90%.
    It's called a Wedding Cake

    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Why do men die before their wives?

    They want to.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street
    with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    In the beginning, God created the earth and rested.
    Then God created Man and rested.
    Then God created Woman.
    Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Send this to a few good men who need a laugh and to the select few
    women who can handle the truth...



    Have a good weekend everyone,

    Lewy

  2. #27
    OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Silver Supporter Alvaro Cordova's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hazlet, New Jersey
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    244

    Big Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life

    -Snip-

    From the men I have worked with I have found
    - Great fashion design (even the straight ones)
    emphasis mine

    rofl
    :D :D :D :D

    That made me laugh

  3. #28
    OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Silver Supporter Alvaro Cordova's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hazlet, New Jersey
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    244

    Smilie

    Quote Originally Posted by 35oldguy
    I know that many of you might think what I am going to say next is unbelievable but here goes.

    When I interview a new person for a job I ask their birthdate. Then I look up in horiscope on the internet and see what type of person they are and will fit into the type of person I want for the posiition I want filled.

    Laugh all you want but it works.

    Did you take into account the precession (wobble) of the earth? So, the birth signs are all actually changing.



    The axis of rotation of the Earth wobbles around a line drawn perpendicular to the ecliptic plane. The axis of rotation is always 23.5º from this perpendicular line. Of course both the rotational axis and the equatorial plane wobble. It is the wobbling of the equatorial plane that causes the line of the intersection of the equatorial and ecliptic planes to move. As mentioned earlier, the intersection of these two planes determine where on the zodiac our spring and fall equinoxes occur. This line of intersection is said to "precess", or move around the zodiac because of the wobble.

    The wobble is quite slow. It takes 25,800 years to complete one circle, i.e., for our rotational axis to "draw" a complete circle in the heavens; or for our spring equinox to precess from one point all the way around the zodiac back to the same point. This slow wobble does not affect our orbit of the Sun or our rotation. It also does not affect where in our calendar year the spring equinox and fall equinox occur.
    link

  4. #29
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Naples FL for the Winter months
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    23,240
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBunny
    Stupid men. :bbg: ... Thus indeed women make better opticians. :cheers:
    Women can or could make better opticians when they have the full education in theory and a lot of manual expierience in the profession.

    SkiBunny is not even an optician,................ but claims to be a consumer and dares to make a final judgement on men being stupid.......shame.
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  5. #30
    Bad address email on file QDO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,961
    Quote Originally Posted by theDude
    Did you take into account the precession (wobble) of the earth? So, the birth signs are all actually changing.




    link
    damm - should i drink my beer quicker, i dont want to be guilty of spillage

  6. #31
    OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Silver Supporter Alvaro Cordova's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hazlet, New Jersey
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by QDO1
    damm - should i drink my beer quicker, i dont want to be guilty of spillage

    Absolutely :)

  7. #32
    Master OptiBoarder Snitgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by James Herman
    THIS IS A MANS WORLD!!!

    Are you finished ironing my shirt yet?
    <blink, blink> OMG!!! <holding back her response>

  8. #33
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    73
    The best opticians I have worked with;
    Two were gay.
    One was a lesbian.
    One was a woman.
    I'm sitting here and I can't think of one male hetro-sexual that I have worked with that I would call a great optician.

  9. #34
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    cyber world
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Posts
    230
    Chip- can man ever win battle with woman, don’t ever think yes:finger:



    Lewy-enjoyed reading “Men Strike Back!!!!!”:bbg:



  10. #35
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    United States
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    3,191
    Quote Originally Posted by ken@foothills
    The best opticians I have worked with;
    Two were gay.
    One was a lesbian.
    One was a woman.
    I'm sitting here and I can't think of one male hetro-sexual that I have worked with that I would call a great optician.
    So the lesbian wasn't a woman?

    Cassandra
    Last edited by Jubilee; 09-23-2005 at 06:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

  11. #36
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wi
    Posts
    12
    I was wondering the same thing

  12. #37
    Master OptiBoarder varmint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Arizona
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    721

    Blue Jumper

    And by the way, President Hillary will prove to be better than our current incompetent idiot.
    "Brownie, you're doin' a heckuva job!" :hammer:[/QUOTE]

    Yea she'd be a great president, she could intiate lots more rules in to Hipaa that would help the optical & medical proffession.

    This is a funny thread.

  13. #38
    Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    In the Middle
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    2,619
    The lesbian was a Man Baby! (all Austin Powers like)

    /it's an old trick to get women.

  14. #39
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    cyber world
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Posts
    230
    Thank you all for good discussion, your views & opinions will help me make better decision when selecting applicants.

    Chip, certainly i would give preference to a lady who is able to change bulb, clear trash + make coffee for me anytime! ;)


  15. #40
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee
    So the lesbian wasn't a woman?

    Cassandra
    A lesbian is not a woman because of the spelling, a wo would never have anything to do with a man. Therfore they are females.

  16. #41
    35yroldguy
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Guatemala
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    400
    Virgos make great Opticians! LOL

    You have that 100% right!!!! Virgos make the best opticians!!! My birthday is Sept 15. See what I mean! It works!!!

    Yes in some countries they would say that asking for the age is illegal but I do not care how old they are just the day and the month!!

    Would you say that people are different? Why?


    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl
    35- :finger: you should know all about each sign before you hire so you don't have to look them up on the internet!!! Also, know which signs work well with each other in a working enviroment. Jeez, come on...
    P.S. Virgos make great Opticians! LOL

  17. #42
    35yroldguy
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Guatemala
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    400
    Funny quotes! Just do not send them to my wife! She is always right. I tell our kids not to ever argue with her. They will lose!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lewy
    Without wishing to offend any ladies out there, the following is meant purely as humour.

    Men Strike Back!!!!!



    How many men does it take to open a beer?

    None - It should be opened by the time she brings it



    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Why is a Laundromat a really bad place to pick up a woman?

    Because a woman who can't even afford a washing machine will probably
    never be able to support you.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------





    Why do women have smaller feet than men?

    It's one of those "evolutionary things" that allows them to stand
    closer to the kitchen sink.






    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    How do you know when a woman is about to say something smart?
    When she starts her sentence with "A man once told me..."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    How do you fix a woman's watch?

    You don't. There is a clock on the oven.

    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Why do men break wind more than women?
    Because women can't shut up long enough to build up the required pressure.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------





    If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling at
    the front door, who do you let in first?

    The dog, of course - He'll shut up once you let him in
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    What's worse than a Male Chauvinist Pig?
    A woman who won't do what she's told
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    I married Miss Right.

    I just didn't know her first name was' Always'
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Scientists have discovered a food that diminishes a woman's sex drive
    by 90%.
    It's called a Wedding Cake

    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Why do men die before their wives?

    They want to.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street
    with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    In the beginning, God created the earth and rested.
    Then God created Man and rested.
    Then God created Woman.
    Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------





    Send this to a few good men who need a laugh and to the select few
    women who can handle the truth...



    Have a good weekend everyone,

    Lewy

  18. #43
    Bad address email on file Lynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wailuku, Hi
    Posts
    159

    Wave

    Yes, Virgos are very obsessive about details, and female Virgos try to "mother" the world, so we will naturally try to get someone in the best functioning glasses and save the business money and recycle all the extra pieces while we do it...our "fashion sense" may not always be hippest, but we will definitely make sure the temples are the right length and the bridge is straight, and the lens edges are smooth and ....you get the idea, I'm sure. ;)
    So, I agree, Virgos make great Opticians..... so tell me, which sign makes the best sales people??? Which sign makes the best manager or owner?? :bbg:
    [/QUOTE]

    Well, as an Aries, I can be pretty blunt about, "NOT that frame on you! It's wrong because........" And my patients love it - they say that no-one ever told them "NO" before, and have made plenty of purchases, which they later regreted!

    Then, I suggest "something more like this....", and tell them why, the colour, or shape, or suitability for their Rx etc. Of course, being a Brit over the Pond, and the Pacific, folks think its just the way everyone is in England......
    Of course, I can be deferential when necessary..... ;)

  19. #44
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Naples FL for the Winter months
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    23,240

    What sign for other functions?.................

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Well, as an Aries, I can be pretty blunt about, "NOT that frame on you! It's wrong because........" And my patients love it - they say that no-one ever told them "NO" before, and have made plenty of purchases, which they later regreted!
    Now would you like to tell us what sign of women you would put into workshop..................in accounting.............in cleaning,,,,,,,,,,,so that you have the best run store with the perfect women?
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  20. #45
    OptiBoard Professional Lewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northampton, England
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne
    Yes, Virgos are very obsessive about details, and female Virgos try to "mother" the world, so we will naturally try to get someone in the best functioning glasses and save the business money and recycle all the extra pieces while we do it...our "fashion sense" may not always be hippest, but we will definitely make sure the temples are the right length and the bridge is straight, and the lens edges are smooth and ....you get the idea, I'm sure. ;)
    So, I agree, Virgos make great Opticians..... so tell me, which sign makes the best sales people??? Which sign makes the best manager or owner?? :bbg:
    Well, as an Aries, I can be pretty blunt about, "NOT that frame on you! It's wrong because........" And my patients love it - they say that no-one ever told them "NO" before, and have made plenty of purchases, which they later regreted!

    Then, I suggest "something more like this....", and tell them why, the colour, or shape, or suitability for their Rx etc. Of course, being a Brit over the Pond, and the Pacific, folks think its just the way everyone is in England......
    Of course, I can be deferential when necessary..... ;)[/QUOTE]

    How strange,

    I am a Brit and an Aries and I work in just the same way. I even told one lady that if that was the style of frame she really wanted then she would have to go somewhere else as I wasn't prepared to let her walk out of my practice with a frame that would look stupid on her! Before she walked out on me I showed her some frames that were far more suitable for her features. When seeing the difference she agreed and thanked me for being so honest and sticking to my principles.

    Being a Brit over the pond must be very interesting and I must admit I am a tad jealous.

    Lewy

  21. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    12,996
    You people are strange. Basing anything you do on Astrology is weird. Telling a patient that they "can't have" something in you store is weird. Advising against something is understandable. If you actually would be embarrassed by a frame from you shop, you should not have it in the shop.

    The "what's your sign" silliness might be ok for bar room mating dances, but letting it or Fung shay or any such thing effect your business or "real life" is really weird.

    I suppose a Brit accent in the states might let one get by with a little silliness but I still find it strange. Many people have a totally different concept of taste and beauty than you or eye and they should be allowed to have whatever makes them happy.

    Chip:D

  22. #47
    Just An Optician jediron1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA, New York
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,727
    ken@foothills
    The best opticians I have worked with;
    Two were gay.
    One was a lesbian.
    One was a woman.
    I'm sitting here and I can't think of one male hetro-sexual that I have worked with that I would call a great optician.[/QUOTE]



    I have actually worked with quite a few men I would call great Opticians. What I would like to know is how did you come across there sexual preference? Secondly what do you mean by great Optician? Do you mean there people skills,
    there bench skills or what? I have been around a lot of talented people who had
    great bench skills and no people skills and vice versa.

  23. #48
    Bad address email on file QDO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    UK
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,961
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1
    ken@foothills
    The best opticians I have worked with;
    Two were gay.
    One was a lesbian.
    One was a woman.
    I'm sitting here and I can't think of one male hetro-sexual that I have worked with that I would call a great optician.


    I have actually worked with quite a few men I would call great Opticians. What I would like to know is how did you come across there sexual preference? Secondly what do you mean by great Optician? Do you mean there people skills,
    there bench skills or what? I have been around a lot of talented people who had
    great bench skills and no people skills and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

    When a fella calls every one darling - they are probrably Gay, (or a lovvie on the Opera Scene) - Yes in both instances - probrably Gay

  24. #49
    35yroldguy
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Guatemala
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    400
    Chip:

    One thing that I dislike about people. is that they are closed minded! Be open to new ideas!

    Astrology is not silly. It is fact and it works! It is not wierd! It is real life. Go buy a book on it and look up your sign. Get back on the board and let us know what you have learned.

    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    You people are strange. Basing anything you do on Astrology is weird. Telling a patient that they "can't have" something in you store is weird. Advising against something is understandable. If you actually would be embarrassed by a frame from you shop, you should not have it in the shop.

    The "what's your sign" silliness might be ok for bar room mating dances, but letting it or Fung shay or any such thing effect your business or "real life" is really weird.

    I suppose a Brit accent in the states might let one get by with a little silliness but I still find it strange. Many people have a totally different concept of taste and beauty than you or eye and they should be allowed to have whatever makes them happy.

    Chip:D

  25. #50
    Bad address email on file finklstiltskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    159

    Blue Jumper

    Quote Originally Posted by 35oldguy
    I know that many of you might think what I am going to say next is unbelievable but here goes.

    When I interview a new person for a job I ask their birthdate. Then I look up in horiscope on the internet and see what type of person they are and will fit into the type of person I want for the posiition I want filled.

    Laugh all you want but it works.
    That is some of the craziest $#!t I've ever heard. It's funny, but crazy. There is something morally wrong with it to me. Look to the stars and ye shall find your perfect optician!

    When hiring someone, I feel the ability to read and write (i.e., spell) correctly (not necessarily 100% of the time, mind you) and clearly is important. The lab should be able to easily understand any handwritten notes, 'scripts, etc.

    Disclaimer: My opinions often clash with the opinions of those around me...and I like it that way. :shiner:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Do optician's make great reps ?
    By GOS_Queen in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 05:56 PM
  2. Tennessee Licensing Sunset
    By Roy R. Ferguson in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 10:10 PM
  3. Letter from the Puerto Rico Academy of Opticians
    By Mark Miller- POF in forum Professional and Educational Organizations Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2002, 12:47 AM
  4. Where Does Optical Go From Here?
    By rfish777 in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-07-2001, 09:25 PM
  5. National Boards / National Licensure
    By Homer in forum Professional and Educational Organizations Discussion Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-25-2001, 10:38 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment