Thread: High End Frame Line

Bad address email on file

High End Frame Line

The idea of putting a high end frame line has come up in our office. By high end I mean $800.00 dollars to $1200.00 dollars per frame. The distributor is suggesting contacting business persons in the area and presenting the product as a must have item in the business world. Has anyone tried this approach?

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Jedi would be a good person to talk to.

The main thing is it will take time.

I do not have $800 frames in my store, but I do have the most high end stuff in town by far. My average sale is much higher than any other store in town (because I offer more), but it has taken time. People now expect it, but you have to work on it.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    test
    Last edited by idoc6; 01-19-2010 at 09:45 AM.
    Dr. David Gilbert O.D.

Allen Weatherby
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

High End Frames

Ken, if you have the type of floor traffic that would appreciate the expensive frames then stock them. Even if they don't buy them, as idoc6 says, they will know they tried on an expensive frame in your store.

Ever notice over the last 20 years that the fountain drinks in convenience stores have grown in size. The large size used to be 20oz., now they have 44oz to 64oz fountain drinks. What they found was that customers bought in the middle. I think it was 7-11 who first came out with the Big Gulp (32oz.). Now a 32oz is a mid price and size point offering.

Most people don't feel good about buying the most expensive. They want the quality but they just can't justify buying the most expensive. By adding higher price points, even if they don't sell great you maybe able to push your average sale to your current customer base up a bit.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We do it with no problem...your turn over is less but that is OK. It is a different market. We limit our collection to 15 and we sell 3-5 a month. we live in not such an urban city but once somebody sees it, feels it; buys it...they get tremendous compliments on uniqueness and 1 & 2 friends show up. High light them and know their features, advantages & benefits.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Sales techniques........................

Quote Originally Posted by AWTECH
    Most people don't feel good about buying the most expensive. They want the quality but they just can't justify buying the most expensive. By adding higher price points, even if they don't sell great you maybe able to push your average sale to your current customer base up a bit.
    This is just about the most valuable quote by AWRECH on this thread. Having high priced items will also help you sell low priced items.

Just by having them the customer will believe any sales argument you can bring forward, Having a full compliment including the worst looking model...............you know will NEVER sell, is going to help you sell other items you want to sell.

Thread Information