Thread: Help with a briot 4000

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Help with a briot 4000

My briot 4000 just started makeing little round bumps on the top and bottom of the lens. It doesn't matter what size the lense is ,it still has the bumps. Being that this is the only edger I use I am in a pile of poop untill I get it fixed. To make matters worse the place I bought it is out of business. I have it all apart on my bench and usually I can figure out whats wrong, but this has me stumped. Any ideas, help, or thoughts would be appreciated. I am a small private optical store hangin on by the skin of my variluxes, so purchaseing a 20G + edger is out of the question .

Thanks Art

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by alcart
    My briot 4000 just started makeing little round bumps on the top and bottom of the lens. It doesn't matter what size the lense is ,it still has the bumps. Being that this is the only edger I use I am in a pile of poop untill I get it fixed. To make matters worse the place I bought it is out of business. I have it all apart on my bench and usually I can figure out whats wrong, but this has me stumped. Any ideas, help, or thoughts would be appreciated. I am a small private optical store hangin on by the skin of my variluxes, so purchaseing a 20G + edger is out of the question .

Thanks Art
    Is this on any size of lens or just the half eye stuff?
    Rick

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    the lense can be any size, nothing appears to be interferring with the cam,nothing is hitting...I can start with a 50 mm setting and the lens will have a small bump on the bottom and the top..ONLY on the finish wheel..not on the rough..I also changed the stone..same thing

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    the lense can be any size, nothing appears to be interferring with the cam,nothing is hitting...I can start with a 50 mm setting and the lens will have a small bump on the bottom and the top..ONLY on the finish wheel..not on the rough..I also changed the stone..same thing
    Thats odd, I would assume it could only be some sort of obstruction, if you find out what it is please post back.

Rick

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

getting closer to the problem

One of the users onhere was nice enough to email me his phone number, I called him this am and he suggested putting the head back on without any covers and observing the pattern as it rotates..well shure nuff its not touching on the top or bottom..something is hindering the action..but I'll be damned if i can see any problem...the rod is very free...I see nothing hitting or touching...He sugessted one of the cams behind the stones may be the culprit...today was mayhem running to my friends office to pick up the jobs he cut for me, and leave some more for him todo..(what a guy) thank god I have helped him in the past...but I'm sure I'm gonna wear out my welcome soon. Tomorrow I am going to get a real bright light and see if I can spot anything. I also bought a pair of snap ring pliars so I can remove the rod the carraige rides on and make sure its clean. If anyone sees any hair floating in Long Island sound, its mine I have pulled a bunch out this week. John, I have a feeling we will be talking again soon. Thanks you for your help.

Art

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

bumps

r the plastic shields at either side of the spindles on the right way round if they get mixed upside down or wrong side this causes similar problems.
    http://www.optispares.btinternet.co.uk

jack

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    One of the users onhere was nice enough to email me his phone number, I called him this am and he suggested putting the head back on without any covers and observing the pattern as it rotates..well shure nuff its not touching on the top or bottom..something is hindering the action..but I'll be damned if i can see any problem...the rod is very free...I see nothing hitting or touching...He sugessted one of the cams behind the stones may be the culprit...today was mayhem running to my friends office to pick up the jobs he cut for me, and leave some more for him todo..(what a guy) thank god I have helped him in the past...but I'm sure I'm gonna wear out my welcome soon. Tomorrow I am going to get a real bright light and see if I can spot anything. I also bought a pair of snap ring pliars so I can remove the rod the carraige rides on and make sure its clean. If anyone sees any hair floating in Long Island sound, its mine I have pulled a bunch out this week. John, I have a feeling we will be talking again soon. Thanks you for your help.

Art
    I have a Briot 4000 going spare but it would cost too much to ship to the US.
    If you find you need any bits and they could be shipped at a reasonable cost let me know.

Rick

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    On the right side of the machine there is a lift jack coming up from the bottom. This makes contact with a metal plate with a rounded bar across it on the top. If this bar is rusted or there is a dent in it this would be where you problem is. On some of the newer models The piece was made so you could take out 2 screws turn the bar to a more rounded side and everything would be fine. If you have an older model then you are going to require a new part. Good Luck.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

problem with shape in briot 4000

hii , pls help with to slove this problem i have a briot 4000. i get humps on the vertical side no matter any size i hav tried to slove with the wheel balancing everything possible but stil couldnt sought out the problem so pls let me knw the suggestion if u ppl hav any ...

Thread Information