Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lencrafters FeatherWates® Completes vs Essilor Airwear with Crizal Alize

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i wouldn't doubt if the lenses - where all from the same - giant essilor -

i was just saying - to make a comment that you wouldn't take them if someone was trying to give them to you is kinda odd ------

hell for free -!!!!!

I WOULD take almost any lens - and update one of my wifes 10 pairs - esp for folks in the optical industry - that usually get a coupon from a rep - every year - if not several per year -

are your reps generous - ? ours r -
    our lens reps - seem to be a bit more - but we do see at least 5 frames comp'd to us yearly - and we just split them up fairly with in the office - on a running list -

Master OptiBoarder Crazy-bout-Optics's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by bt5050 View Post
    i wouldn't doubt if the lenses - where all from the same - giant essilor -

i was just saying - to make a comment that you wouldn't take them if someone was trying to give them to you is kinda odd ------

hell for free -!!!!!

I WOULD take almost any lens - and update one of my wifes 10 pairs - esp for folks in the optical industry - that usually get a coupon from a rep - every year - if not several per year -

are your reps generous - ? ours r -
    our lens reps - seem to be a bit more - but we do see at least 5 frames comp'd to us yearly - and we just split them up fairly with in the office - on a running list -

Yes we do get lenses for free. Usually a pair a year from the big labs. We also get about 1/2 off wholesale from some of the smaller labs. And we can gets frames from reps, you know how that runs, buy 11 get one free, or some variation on it, It is just number crunching basically. My point is, that if I have access to the best A/R lenses out there, why in the world would I get scotchgaurd when Super Hi and Crizal Alizee, and even Zeiss cool blue are MUCH better?

I just want to yell "Wake Up Consumers!" They go into LC and they are told that Fwt completes with Scotchgaurd is the best lens, when, IMO, it is mediocre at best when compared to whats out there.

Id rather keep my winderful lenses that are 2 years old that are scratch & hassle free than to get "free" Scotchgaurd lenses that don't clean as easily and that will scratch in about 3 months. IMO, I think those lenses are not made as Scratch resistant as they could be just so that they will scratch and that the LC customer will come back to pay 1/2 of retail to have them replaced. LC, Essilor etc are in the business of selling lenses. Working at LC I cannot tell you how many patients came back complaining about how they scratched easily and were ****** when they realized they had to fork over At LEAST 150 to have their lenses replaced.

On a completely separate note, I wonder how they heck Luxottica has remained under the radar as far as not being probed into trying to become a monopoly? Just a thought ;-)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    the general suspicion is that scotchguard lenses and crizal alize are different labels of the same technology. please do enlighten us on the comparison and contrast of these two products, as you are so inclined to offer assurance.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Omni, why are you dredging up old threads? Consumers are no longer allowed to post optical questions on the board and we aren't supposed to be responding to them.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    essilor is marketing the scotchguard in trade journals for ECP, an additional coating over alize. I heard they called it scotchguard because it is something, like teflon, that consumers can relate to. As far as the rd22 trans polys, to my knowledge the only lab that has them, and they advertise them heavily, is Three Rivers Optical in Pittsburgh.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MEB View Post
    essilor is marketing the scotchguard in trade journals for ECP, an additional coating over alize. I heard they called it scotchguard because it is something, like teflon, that consumers can relate to. As far as the rd22 trans polys, to my knowledge the only lab that has them, and they advertise them heavily, is Three Rivers Optical in Pittsburgh.
    The similarity between scotchguard and teflon is the technology. Flouride, this is what makes the pans on you cookware non-stick, this is what makes the fabrics coated with scotchgurd stain resistent, this is also what makes AR lenses repel water. The branding is just that branding and is there to help consumers recognize the advantages of these products over another. I prefer to explain and educate my customers to the advantages of flourinated AR's, but their are many different flavors ont eh market and just because two of them have decided to brand their products does not mean they are the best or that they even use technology that is far different from the others. It woudl a good idea foro all in our industry to look into these and other coatings and leave the effects of branding to the consumers.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    This thread is 3 years old...........and started by a consumer

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Did anyone ask this guy what his RX looks like? Maybe he would be better suited with a High Index....... yeah...lol... this is an old thread... my bad

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Smilie Complete VS Crizal

didnt realize this was such an old thread before I responded, deleting response

Thread Information