Hello.

I recently switched from contact lenses back to glasses and am experiencing some annoying effects. Firstly I see coloured red or blue halos on high contrast boundaries in my peripheral vision. Secondly, 2D printed or projected images involving solid blocks of saturated colors, e.g. red text on a blue backgound, give a strange effect where the different colors appear to be floating on planes lying at different depths. Would I be right in assuming that both of these are a consequence of chromatic aberration? Seeing as the lenses are only -1.75 D I am suprised and wonder how people on 5+D can see anything at al!? Also I never experienced this with my old glasses. The material is polycarbonate -- I was told this would be "thinner" than "plastic" (which I took to mean it has a higher refractive index than the standard polymer used for lenses) so again I am surprised -- does it really have a lower refractive index but more dispersion?? I need safety lenses for shooting but at this rate I might just get a pair of normal plastic ones and save the polycarb for shooting only.