Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lab Breaks Lenses Twice. What Should I Do?

OptiBoard Novice
    I've got an update.

The doctor's office called me today and said they talked with the lab. They said the problem was something related to "tracing" the frame pattern. The lab doesn't use a certain 'tracer'? so they requested a pattern for the frame from the manufacturer. She said this lab has been great for them in the past and they're well respected and have accounts with many local ODs here. She thought I should give it another shot and promised they would turn out fine this time so I decided to let them try again.

She then said that the doctor's office will be refunding 20% of the price I paid. I told them that the office shouldn't take a loss for something outside of their control. She then mentioned that they wouldn't be because the lab was knocking a certain percentage off of their charge to the doctor's office.

Happylady,

I'm without glasses at the moment. I broke my three-year-old glasses back in July, prompting me to buy these. I've been stuck in contacts that are giving me bloodshot eyes and making friends ask if I'm on drugs. The One-Day Acuvues are next.

Stopper,

I'm without vision insurance at the moment.

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know how it turns out.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by rtperry
    The labs I work with will offer a discount if they have alot of problems with someones glasses. you might ask for this and just wait it out.
    Some retail managers will also have discretion to give discount to prevent a disgruntled patient cancelling a delayed order. Worth a try if you play it right.

Edit. You already covered that before my post.
    Optical technicians in Britain.

http://www.optiglaze.co.uk/forum/

Thread Information