Thread: comprehensive lens lists

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

comprehensive lens lists

Do you guys have any websites or know where I can obtain information on various supplier's, labs and their individual product lines in terms of specific single vision lenses, bi-focals, and progressives... I want to know the actual names and labels of the most popular SV and MF product lines out there...

I went to the I-Coat website and they showed a list of recommended lenses for their AR coatings.. I want to know the names of the actual products.. For instance I would like to know that the Hi-Index line from Hoya optical is called Hi-Lux Hard....hopefully Im not confusing anybody.. I think i'm confusing myself!!!

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Have site.................................

Quote Originally Posted by rolandclaur
    Do you guys have any websites or know where I can obtain information on various supplier's, labs and their individual product lines in terms of specific single vision lenses, bi-focals, and progressives...
    That is exactly why I went to the effort of compiling a growing list of optical websites at http://optochemicals.com/web_ratings.htm

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    In regards to PALs, your best bet to start with is OLA's Progressive Lens Identifier. It is updated every year and contains most progressives on the market. From there you should have a good list of manufacturers to contact directly for the remainder of the lenses you are looking for. Chris's list is also very useful, but many lens supplier only offer info on their latest and "greatest" designs.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Do you guys have any websites or know where I can obtain information on various supplier's, labs and their individual product lines in terms of specific single vision lenses, bi-focals, and progressives... I want to know the actual names and labels of the most popular SV and MF product lines out there...
    It doesn't tell what labs carry what, but your FRAMES subscription (you do get the FRAMES book, don't you?) includes a lens product guide (it's a seperate book) that lists nearly every lens on the market. It's indexed almost every way you could think of: by manufacturer, by seg style, by material, even has seperate indices for photochromics and polarized lenses. The listing for each lens gives material, power ranges, available adds for multifocals, thicknesses--As Ed McMahon might say, "EVERY thing you could want to know about lenses is IN THAT BOOK!";)

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey Doug.. No I don't get the Frames subscription... What is it and where can I get my hands on it?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Hey Doug.. No I don't get the Frames subscription... What is it and where can I get my hands on it?
    Go to www.framesdata.com. It's somewhat pricey ($349 a year) but I think it is a must-have resource. The main book comes out 4 times a year and lists nearly every major frame company there is. Subscription includes the frames book, the lens book, a diagonstic equipment guide, and a lab equipment guide, which come out quarterly, and a monthly wholesale price book. I've worked in three different offices, and all of them subscribe--in fact one has two subscriptions so they can keep one copy in the dispensing area and one in the lab. Also, I just found out it is possible to subscribe to just the lens book for $99/year.

Thread Information