Hi. I'm having problems with my new glasses. I have worn glasses since I was in 2nd grade and am 26 now. I've never had much trouble adjusting to new glasses except for this time so I think something is wrong with them. My perscription is almost identical to my last pair according to the doctor even though I've had them for 10 years (which makes me pretty happy) and I only got a new pair because my old frames are falling apart and my lenses are stratched. But here's the problem. With my new glasses everything looks squished in whatever direction I'm looking except for straight on. It makes me feel like I'm wearing progressives and I'm not. I told the lady at pearlevision that when I first put them on and she dismissed it as adjustment time but it's been two days now and I'm wearing my old glasses because they actually work (unlike the new ones). I'm going to take them back thursday but it would help if I knew how to explain the problem.

When viewing the frames it looks like the glass is tilted forward and isn't setting on the ridge on the grid properly. Would that alone account for all of the distortion in every direction? My mom thinks so because she had a pair that did the same thing and the doctor had to fix it but it was at a different place. These are pearlevision microthins. Are certain kinds of lenses known for distortion problems and if so what kinds of lenses are the most distortion free, because I will buy them. I am a comic book colorist, computer artist, gunsmith, shooter and archer. Distortion is simply not acceptable. I can't work or play in these new glasses. These glasses have no special options. Not transitional, not special coated, just stock microthins. My old glasses are an older type of thin plastic and aren't really any different in thickness. Like a mm makes any difference to someone who actually wears glasses full time? That might be important for open frames but these are full so I really don't care about thickness very much. I just don't want distortion.
I picked the largest full frames they had available which are still a bit smaller than my old ones. Could that alone account for significant distortion? They are more square than my old frames which are soft radius tear drop at the bottom and arched at the top.
Anyway how can I explain the problem to the people at pearlevision, what kinds of things should I ask them to check, which kind of lenses are bad and good for distortion problems, and would the frame size alone cause this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Any information would be appreciated.
thank you.

frames are gant g chatham sblk 52 19-145
perscription is
-5.25 -0.50 x037
-5.25 -1.50 x150
pd 60

old frames were 51-20s perscription largely unchanged.