Thread: Complete Turn Key Optical Lab

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Complete Turn Key Optical Lab

Own a complete turn key lab in a very small room in your office. I can set you up with everything you need to start making your own glasses Today.
    You can provide your customers with one hour service on any prescription.
    • SV
    • FT
    • Premium Progressives
    Reduce your lab bills to almost nothing.

A complete lab consists of:

• OptiCast in office casting system**
    • Lensometer
    • Blocker and accessories
    • Your choice of patternless edging system
    • Groover if not part of the edging system
    • Handstone
    • Hand Polisher if not part of edging system
    • Tinting unit and supplies
    • Smart Drill system
    • Hot air blower or bead pan
    • Hand tools
    Every item is also available separately

**With the new OptiCast full yield warrantee, you will never have breakage and waste. We will pay for any of your defective lenses and replace them with free monomer!!!

Your lab will include free installation and training by factory certified technicians. All items are fully warranteed and include free lifetime phone support.

All items are either brand new or completely refurbished to brand new condition.

****All forms of payment accepted and financing is available****

Watch a Smartdrill Demonstration by clinking on the link below
    for windows:

http://www.opticalauctions.com/lotim...II%20(web).wmv

PM or Email me with contact info for more details
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails opticast.jpg   Lensmeterm.jpg   7070.jpg   tintunit.jpg   Smart-Drill-II.jpg  

Last edited by Leo Hadley Jr; 07-23-2005 at 06:34 PM. Reason: images
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Questions about Casting System

Two questions for you:

1. You aren't able to provide your customers with a majority of lenses within a day/hour etc... with this system right? It's only in one material/index. If someone orders anything other than the standard plastic material lens you would still have to order it surfaced from a lab right? Only about 45% of our jobs are plastic so would the Opticast system really be worth it?

2. When you say premium progressives you mean proprietary progressives. Not Varilux, Zeiss, Shamir, Sola etc... So then again how is this really worth it when you're fitting a progressive that really hasn't been experienced throughout the optical community how do I know its really a premium progressive or one that would be comparable to the real Premium Progressive that I generally sell.

Just a couple of questions I've had about casting systems. Don't want people to think they are perfect. There are limitations on casting systems aren't there?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by culland
    Two questions for you:

1. You aren't able to provide your customers with a majority of lenses within a day/hour etc...Yes, it takes a new user about 10 minutes per lens,add in edging etc. and its less that an hour It's only in one material/index. False, it is available in a clear mid index, many photocromic color mid index and OP-85 which is similar to poly. If someone orders anything other than the standard plastic material lens you would still have to order it surfaced from a lab right? Only if they want glass. Only about 45% of our jobs are plastic so would the Opticast system really be worth it? ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT. THE AVERAGE COST FOR ANY LENS IS ABOUT $10. With the new full yield warrantee, you will have no breakage!!!

2. When you say premium progressives you mean proprietary progressives. Not Varilux, Zeiss, Shamir, Sola etc... Very True, i should have been more clear. It is a proprietary lens, I wear varilux panamic and i experience no difference in vision. So then again how is this really worth it when you're fitting a progressive that really hasn't been experienced throughout the optical community how do I know its really a premium progressive or one that would be comparable to the real Premium Progressive that I generally sell. I will make you a pair to see for yourself

Just a couple of questions I've had about casting systems. Don't want people to think they are perfect. There are limitations on casting systems aren't there?
    The range of power is very good and will cover 90% of your rx's. The warrantee assures you will get maximum yield from the momomer. No other casting system can offer that.
    Last edited by Leo Hadley Jr; 07-23-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment

Professional Rabble-Rouser hipoptical's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Wave complete lab

How much for just the casting system? I'm set for edging, and was looking to replace the surfacing equipment I just sold. Unlike some out there, I'm not scared of casting, and I know that ALMOST any PAL made these days will work if fit correctly. Just out of curiosity, who makes the molds for this system? If it was Shamir, then it's a pretty good bet that the lens is similar (if not identical) to 10-year-old-no-longer-patented lenses made by a French company, which claim to be comfortable. Anyhoo- how much, and what is the delivery time?

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    The progressives are good. The problem is you only have a power range of +4.00 to -4.00 with cylinders to 2.00. I looked at one but decided that it would only cover about 1/3 of my needs. If you need CR39, poly, Trivex, 1.60, 1.67 you're out of luck. The photochromics are enmass Sunsensor type.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by hipoptical
    How much for just the casting system? I'm set for edging, and was looking to replace the surfacing equipment I just sold. Unlike some out there, I'm not scared of casting, and I know that ALMOST any PAL made these days will work if fit correctly. Just out of curiosity, who makes the molds for this system? If it was Shamir, then it's a pretty good bet that the lens is similar (if not identical) to 10-year-old-no-longer-patented lenses made by a French company, which claim to be comfortable. Anyhoo- how much, and what is the delivery time?
    I :D sent you a PM
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    how much will a full lab cost like this?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodusa
    how much will a full lab cost like this?
    I sent you an email!!!
    Thanks
    Leo
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment

Occupation

Equipment Available

This Turn key lab is still available in whole or part. I have several edging systems available including:
    Optronics,
    Santinelli/Nidek
    Briot,
    Essilor/Gerber.

I can work a great package deal to fit your needs and budget.:bbg:
    Everything is warranteed and we have the means to service and support all of our equipment.
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment

Thread Information