Thread: who does Moulin manufacture for?

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist

who does Moulin manufacture for?

Watching Mouline implode, I'm getting concerned about getting stuck with frames or the unavailability of parts.

Who do they manufacture for? I know lux, safilo, and marchon have their own factories, and heard rumors that some of the other bigger companies own no factories. I know metlzer is Moulin, and got a call that there might be some supply issues with the revlon line from altair.

I see a major frame supply issue down the road, who is this going to effect?

Harry

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Harry888,

I am sure they make all the frames for VSP including Altair.

go to www.moulin.com.hk/

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by harry888

Who do they manufacture for? I know lux, safilo, and marchon have their own factories, and heard rumors that some of the other bigger companies own no factories.

Harry
    Marchon has very very little of thier own factories.
    Chamont was once a big producer for many other companies!

Allen Weatherby
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Your concern about supply of product is a non event other than possible delays with some frame styles. Almost any frame company today uses multiple factories, even Moulin used factories other than their own. If a frame manufacturer could not ship the orders I was waiting for and I had to have these replaced at another factory. With a great relationship with the factory most frame companies can have the same frame delivered within 45 to 60 days.

Don't panic unless you own Moulin shares of common stock. If you own these shares then you need to panic as you just lost not some but all of your investment.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by AWTECH
    Your concern about supply of product is a non event other than possible delays with some frame styles. Almost any frame company today uses multiple factories, even Moulin used factories other than their own. If a frame manufacturer could not ship the orders I was waiting for and I had to have these replaced at another factory. With a great relationship with the factory most frame companies can have the same frame delivered within 45 to 60 days.

Don't panic unless you own Moulin shares of common stock. If you own these shares then you need to panic as you just lost not some but all of your investment.
    Awtech,

I don't think its a matter of production but a matter of money. How does Moulin pay for these frames? Who is going to produces frames for a company that has 30 creditors looking to get money first?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Awtech is correct. Moulin's manufacturing capacity is certainly in doubt currently but giving new purchase orders to other factories is easy and the time delay nominal. Moulin would not be a party to the new transaction and hence their financial status of no consequence.

Things would be complicated if any prepayments have been made to Moulin but this would typically not be the case with established customers. Also of note a formal cancellation of any open orders with Moulin might be a logical CYA step. Consult with a lawyer, but - can you deliver as initially promised? If not, cancel my order. Failure to respond by Monday means I cancel.

There are at least two anticipated bidders for Moulin's factory capacity, so at some point it is reasonable that it will be back in full production. I suspect there is pressure to do so fast, since customers will be establishing new relationships making it harder to get the business back the longer it takes to get the factories fully up again.

Amateur comments. I may be wrong.

Bad address email on file fvc2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    howdy all

I just spoke with my altair rep Thursday, and she told me they just make Revlon and United Colors of Benneton. She said also that they are not currently being made...So no they are not being made in any other factories Thank god...Just the icky stuff.....

Just a little fyi

christina

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Redhot Jumper at least 30 lines...............

Quote Originally Posted by fvc2020
    howdy all

I just spoke with my altair rep Thursday, and she told me they just make Revlon and United Colors of Benneton. She said also that they are not currently being made...So no they are not being made in any other factories Thank god...Just the icky stuff.....

Just a little fyi christina
    They make about 30 different designer lines........plus Nigurea and Metxler............I typed the up on a Moulin thread where you can find them, or go on their website and you can see.

Bad address email on file fvc2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Chris

I was referring to the frames made by moulin for Altair...I know that they make frames for others

christina

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Hard to find out......................

Christina, No frame company will tell you where their frames are made.......they might come out of anywere. Moulin has clearly defined the frame lines they had been making under official names. If they did any no brand ones you would not find out.

Thread Information