Thread: OAA Convention

Bad address email on file finklstiltskin's Avatar

Wave OAA Convention

So, is anyone out there attending the OAA Convention in New Orleans, LA this coming October? If so, would you happen to have an itinerary? We can't seem to locate the classes being offered or any other info, except time and location (oh, and a great photo of a riverboat!).

Thanks,
    Fink

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Last time I went to an OAA convention in N.O. Courses weren't too much but someone did spend most of an afternoon congratulating some old timer on his birthday and retirement. Lots of people I never heard of patted each other on the back and passed out awards.

And perhaps most interesting of all, I saw a caucasian wearing a Cazal.

Great food there though. Fats Domino says he gave up performing on the road because the food wasn't as good anywhere as home (N.O.).
    You should make reservations before the convention if you really want to eat somewhere famous and swanky.

And for you folks up Nawth, it's pronounced Nawlins or New Orleeens down here. Those are pecan, pronounced pecawn, pralines. A peecan is something you go out back with when the line is too long at the rest room.

Some of the best foods are crawfish dishes. The tea is iced, The coffee is strong and hot (not iced). The absolute best dish I ever ate was across lake Ponchatrain at a place called Dennes (hope the spelling is right), in Metarie. The crawfish platter is marvelous and the crawfish crap'e is the best part of the entree.
    Last edited by chip anderson; 07-14-2005 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention Metarie

Thread Information