Thread: progressive height fitting guide ??

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Confused progressive height fitting guide ??

I'm just wondering if there is a comprehensive list of manufacturers recommended progressive fitting heights for the different brands ?

TIA -

Karen

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by GOS_Queen
    I'm just wondering if there is a comprehensive list of manufacturers recommended progressive fitting heights for the different brands ?

TIA -

Karen
    The Progressive Lens guide (forget the exact name) from OLA. You know, the book that gives you all of the laser markings for every lens.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    You almost got it For-Life, The Progressive Lens Identifier. It's updated every year.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Whatever you do, if it says that the recommended height is 18, make sure you place it on the layout guide for that particular lens and that the reading area is all there.<--you know, the little round circle at the bottom. Also make sure you have enough room for the distance as well.

Alot of manuf's, including labs, just tell you, "yah, you can fit 18 high, no problem" The dispenser fits 18 without looking at the layout guide, it comes back from the lab and only 1/8 of the reading circle (on the layout guide) is there, the rest is beyond the lens/frame. <--patient is going to have huge problems reading and there goes your progressive success rate.

Sorry, just want to make sure you were aware of this because I truly hate it when people are not aware due to the reps only telling them a number and absolutely nothing about the layout guide...

ciao

Quote Originally Posted by GOS_Queen

TIA -

Karen

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi
    You almost got it For-Life, The Progressive Lens Identifier. It's updated every year.
    I already lost mine

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl
    A lot of manuf's, including labs, just tell you, "yah, you can fit 18 high, no problem" The dispenser fits 18 without looking at the layout guide, it comes back from the lab and only 1/8 of the reading circle (on the layout guide) is there, the rest is beyond the lens/frame. <--patient is going to have huge problems reading and there goes your progressive success rate.
    ciao
    Well said...................................

You should have added the words..............absolut minimum..............and you would have set the rules.

You will see many postings, as we did before, when fitting height has come up, that millions of people are happy customers ..........walking around with a fitting height of 9- 12 mm

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    For-Life,

Just call up your Lab rep (as long as your lab is a member of OLA). Our rep is more than generous with them and anything else we need as far a resources. We lost ours last year and he sent out two more to us right away.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by culland
    For-Life,

Just call up your Lab rep (as long as your lab is a member of OLA). Our rep is more than generous with them and anything else we need as far a resources. We lost ours last year and he sent out two more to us right away.
    They said they would send one, but I have to do some looking. I wish people would put things away where they are supposed to be.

Occupation
    Culland, I hid your post because there is some question whether or not the links you provided are infringing on OLA copyrights. Can you have someone from the OLA take a look at those links? If they approve the distribution of these materials, have them contact me with this authorization. Thanks.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

OptiBoard Novice
    Does this meant that with panamic lenses, 18 mm may fail to provide a big enough reading area? I actually find computers better than reading, but was expecting the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl
    Whatever you do, if it says that the recommended height is 18, make sure you place it on the layout guide for that particular lens and that the reading area is all there.<--you know, the little round circle at the bottom. Also make sure you have enough room for the distance as well.

Alot of manuf's, including labs, just tell you, "yah, you can fit 18 high, no problem" The dispenser fits 18 without looking at the layout guide, it comes back from the lab and only 1/8 of the reading circle (on the layout guide) is there, the rest is beyond the lens/frame. <--patient is going to have huge problems reading and there goes your progressive success rate.

Sorry, just want to make sure you were aware of this because I truly hate it when people are not aware due to the reps only telling them a number and absolutely nothing about the layout guide...

ciao

Thread Information