Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Gas prices

I just bought gas for $1.91 9/10. Anybody else see the price coming down?
    Last edited by Spexvet; 05-24-2005 at 05:56 PM.
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Out West here the price has come down from $2.54 to $2.39. :angry: Still too much!
    Lee Prewitt, ABOM
    Independent Sales Representative
    AIT Industries
    224 W. James St.
    Bensenville, IL 60106
    Cell : (425) 241-1689
    Phone: (800) 729-1959, Ext 137
    Direct: (630) 274-6136
    Fax: (630) 595-1006
    www.aitindustries.com
    leep@aitindustries.com

More Than A Patternless Edger Company

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oh so you don't want to hear about me filling up yesterday at $1.84/gal?Of course in WA there are more state taxes in there as well.

Occupation
    Isn't it interesting that I now think $2.49 is CHEAP???!!!! Was paying 2.70-ish a few moths back.
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee
    Oh so you don't want to hear about me filling up yesterday at $1.84/gal?Of course in WA there are more state taxes in there as well.
    You got that right! Our lovely Democratic Legislature jsut raised the gas tax by .09. That is after the people voted it down last time! They also raised a bunch of other taxes that we voted no for and put in a clause that the people can't change it! Can't wait for the next elections!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    Lee Prewitt, ABOM
    Independent Sales Representative
    AIT Industries
    224 W. James St.
    Bensenville, IL 60106
    Cell : (425) 241-1689
    Phone: (800) 729-1959, Ext 137
    Direct: (630) 274-6136
    Fax: (630) 595-1006
    www.aitindustries.com
    leep@aitindustries.com

More Than A Patternless Edger Company

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet
    I just bought gas for $1.91 9/10. Anybody else see the price coming down?
    Mmmmmmh "gas" is the equivalent of about $7.5 per gallon here in the UK.
    Dunno how you Americans manage to get your hands on so much cheap oil:bbg:.
    Oooops, controversial:hammer:.

Rick

Occupation
    Bought some last night for $2.17 down from $2.40

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is plenty of oil. If you greenies would just let us drill in the Gulf and build a few refineries we could go down to 75 cents. The rigs are GOOD for the environment, fish love them.Chip

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Right on, Chip. The environmentalist whackos have us paying through the nose for all of our natural resources. We can’t drill for oil and we can’t cut down trees. Just wait till they find out that we use polycarbonate. We will be prevented from harvesting the polycarbonate bush. Think of all the little children that will go blind.

We, in the USA, have a legacy of cheap oil. Our grand manufacturing economy was built on the availability of cheap and plentiful energy. Other countries are not so fortunate. If you are paying seven bucks of money for a gallon of gas, tough tuba. Get over it. Get a bicycle.

Lets get going on developing the inland and coastal oil patch and while we are at it, a new refinery in Hyannis, MA might be in order. How about we start the construction of a whole bunch of nuclear power plants. Let’s get back to the good old days of $0.32.9 a gallon gas.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker

We, in the USA, have a legacy of cheap oil. Our grand manufacturing economy was built on the availability of cheap and plentiful energy. Other countries are not so fortunate. If you are paying seven bucks of money for a gallon of gas, tough tuba. Get over it. Get a bicycle.
    In a twisted way I rather enjoy the high fuel prices in the UK.
    When the world is finally goosed I can sit back proudly and declare that there wasn't much more I could have done while the greedy Yanks were p*ss*ng away all the natural resources and spewing masses of cr&p into the atmosphere.
    Keep up the good work.:D

Rick

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    There is plenty of oil. If you greenies would just let us drill in the Gulf and build a few refineries we could go down to 75 cents. The rigs are GOOD for the environment, fish love them.Chip
    This just in.....

The republicans have allowed me to drill for oil in Chip's back yard and dump all the waste into his basement. More cheap oil for the war effort!;)
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    If they'd come up with a marketable fuel cell/electric technology, the price of gasoline would be irrelevant.

Bad address email on file
    Quote Originally Posted by rsandr
    Mmmmmmh "gas" is the equivalent of about $7.5 per gallon here in the UK.
    Dunno how you Americans manage to get your hands on so much cheap oil:bbg:.
    Oooops, controversial:hammer:.

Rick
    Your right Rick, why is our gas so cheap in the U.S.? Every day that I drive to work I see these big SUV's driving down the road and I can't imagine the amount of gas that they are burning. Also, the 5 or 10 thousand square foot homes that need to be heated and cooled. Someday this is going to come back and bite us in the butt.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by ken@foothills
    Your right Rick, why is our gas so cheap in the U.S.? Every day that I drive to work I see these big SUV's driving down the road and I can't imagine the amount of gas that they are burning. Also, the 5 or 10 thousand square foot homes that need to be heated and cooled. Someday this is going to come back and bite us in the butt.
    Other countries try to restrict driving so they tax gasoline at a very high rate. Money funds good mass transit, less driving means less emissions, less driving promotes healthier lifestyle with walking, biking. But hey, what's that compared to a Hummer?

35yroldguy
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In Guatemala, where every family member works to make ends meet to survice we are seeing less cars on the highways due to higher gasoline prices. Since people have stopped driving as much the price of gas is going down!

Just a suggestion, pretend your economic situation is not good. Walk when you can. Get some good ole exercise! It is healthier! Save money! Do not give it to the oil producing countries. Be American! Spend it at home!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chm2023
    Other countries try to restrict driving so they tax gasoline at a very high rate. Money funds good mass transit, less driving means less emissions, less driving promotes healthier lifestyle with walking, biking. But hey, what's that compared to a Hummer?

Bad address email on file
    Give me big fat butts and SUV'S in the good of the USA

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    MMM YOU GOT IT CHEAP!!! we have £1.00 per litre here (yep thats a Litre) that translates to £70.00 to fill up my Omega (thats about $140 to fill my Opel Catera in American)... now what does a Optician earn in the USA?

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Calgary, probably the most oil rich city in Canada if not NA, has a terrible public transit system. It can't keep up with the sprawl of the city. If I'm not mistaken Calgary is one of the largest cities in the world.(sq. miles or km)Our gas prices just went up to $.90 a LITER. That's almost 4 bucks a gallon.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi
    Calgary, probably the most oil rich city in Canada if not NA, has a terrible public transit system. It can't keep up with the sprawl of the city. If I'm not mistaken Calgary is one of the largest cities in the world.(sq. miles or km)Our gas prices just went up to $.90 a LITER. That's almost 4 bucks a gallon.
    I'm sure there are lots of examples of places where there is bad mass transit and high gas prices. Western Europe and Japan are the places I was thinking of--large geography and spread out population are not ideal for this model I would think.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We'll talk again when you have your first heart attack.

Opti-Lurker
    Menlo Park, how the h*ll did that happen?
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Quote Originally Posted by rsandr
    We'll talk again when you have your first heart attack.
    more walking and biking = less heart attacking

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Spexvet
    I just bought gas for $1.91 9/10. Anybody else see the price coming down?[/QUOTE]

8-15-2005
    Coming down? I just paid $2.45 per gal. and saw on tv that in Calif it just surpassed 3.00 bills. Man I remember when I was seventeen and I could get
    3 gals for $.75 and go for ever in my Corvair.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Today: I heard the worst fear of all. The legislatures will see the taxes from increased gasoline prices as a windfall. See high tax collections in the last quarter and think this is spending spree time at the spring legislative session. Will have a pork list never before seen.:idea:

Chip

Occupation
    just paid 2.85 in Palm Springs yesterday (12 cents higher than closer to home but couldn't make it home on an empty tank :shiner: )
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Came to work monday morning gas was 2.38, I had a half a tank and thought I'd stop after work to fill up, because gas goes up mid week.Of course it jumped to $2.69 by the time I got off work! I just love the way the press tries to make us feel beter by telling us that "In England they are paying upwards of $6.00 a gallon!". Like any of us give a crap what they are paying. I'm in the process of buying a goat and a pull cart. If any one knows of a good one.....:bbg:
    Paul:cheers:

Thread Information