Thread: Progressive lens

Bad address email on file Lawrence Yau's Avatar

Progressive lens

Yesterday, my girl friend, her mother and I went to "optical 88"(hong kong optical chain store) to buy a reading glasses. I have seen a term progressive lens. Could anyone explain how it work to correct the short sight and long sight. I knew this technique may have 2-3 years history. I'm not sure. I wonder whether it's effective in correcting the short and long sight.

(p.s. I spent around HKD 2,xxx yesterday. Today, I havent taken my lunch so as to save my money for tommorrow . Quite Hungry now.)

Master OptiBoarder
    Back in NYC.....Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPSKYINT
    Yesterday, my girl friend, her mother and I went to "optical 88"(hong kong optical chain store) to buy a reading glasses. I have seen a term progressive lens. Could anyone explain how it work to correct the short sight and long sight. I knew this technique may have 2-3 years history. I'm not sure. I wonder whether it's effective in correcting the short and long sight.

(p.s. I spent around HKD 2,xxx yesterday. Today, I havent taken my lunch so as to save my money for tommorrow . Quite Hungry now.)
    Next time you are welcome to come to Shenzhen and I will take you to my friends optical shop and then out for lunch. :)

Doc

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Redhot Jumper Lunch.....................

I knew this technique may have 2-3 years history. I'm not sure.

(p.s. I spent around HKD 2,xxx yesterday. Today, I havent taken my lunch so as to save my money for tommorrow . Quite Hungry now.
    This technique is just about 50 years old this year. Invented by SL (Societe de Lunetirer) today named ESSILOR.

Ican do as good as the Doc, ...........hit Montreal and will buy you a lunch.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Progressive lenses work great, just make sure that with your pupilometer that you take a monocular pd and that you also take a monocular fitting height.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I fyou ever get to the Western Hemishere, stop in. We'll find some lenses for you and have beer and pizza.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    and if you don't get fitted up by any of the above guys, come to Haifa, Israel and you'll get a Fallafel as well as a pair of Kosher Progressives

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    or you can come to Canada and buy me lunch :)

Oh.. Thank you for your information. I'm so outdated.
    Is that different part of lens had different refractive index?
    But It cost me a lot in air ticket, it's appreciate if all of you offer me airticket too. :)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    I wanna go to China,2! Pick me up from Lo Hu train station! By the way, how much does it cost me to buy a "Ba Da Tong" card/passport nowdays in HK?? If it is too expense, then I would rather take a bus directly to Huang Guang Bus Station in China. Where is the lunch going to be??

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY HUANG
    I wanna go to China,2! Pick me up from Lo Hu train station! By the way, how much does it cost me to buy a "Ba Da Tong" card/passport nowdays in HK?? If it is too expense, then I would rather take a bus directly to Huang Guang Bus Station in China. Where is the lunch going to be??
    I wonder if you are hong kong people or not.:)
    If buy the ba da tong, need to pay HKD $50 deposit. You can save as much as you can into the card. For example, you can save $100 into the card. The $100 will be deducted automatically whenever you go everywhere by public transport. I seldom go to china Huang Guang bus. But the main advantage is you can take a seat and Not as crowd as in Lo Hu station.
    If come to china, may be we can have talk with my partner to see if there is chance of co-operation. But if eating, I prefer Hong kong :D because you can eat what you want.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by JERRY HUANG
    Hi Jerry,

Just take the HK Airport Ferry direct to Shekou Ferry Terminal in Shenzhen. I will pick you up there. Many nice places to go for lunch...I suggest Guangdong since we are in that province. After that we can head to a beautiful sauna for foot massages, steams, sauna and 2 hour massages. Just give me advance notice so I can confirm I will be in town. :)

Doc

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    If come to china, may be we can have talk with my partner to see if there is chance of co-operation. But if eating, I prefer Hong kong :D because you can eat what you want.
    Hi Topskyint,

I may go to my friends company next week in Kowloon. He is near the Ngau Tau Kok MTR Station. If we are able to coordinate perhaps we can meet for lunch.

Regards,
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by DocInChina
    Hi Jerry,

Just take the HK Airport Ferry direct to Shekou Ferry Terminal in Shenzhen. I will pick you up there. Many nice places to go for lunch...I suggest Guangdong since we are in that province. After that we can head to a beautiful sauna for foot massages, steams, sauna and 2 hour massages. Just give me advance notice so I can confirm I will be in town. :)

Doc
    Your office is in shenzhen right?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Hi Lawrence and DocInchina,

I am an imported US citizen who have sworn to fight against terrorism:D and promote my homeland security project. I originally came from MIT (made in Taiwan not Massachusetts Institute of Technolong)!

I want to wait for a buddy of mine---Mr. harry a saake to save enough time and dinero to attend the HK optical Fair sometime in NOV. Harry is very knowledgeable on optical industry and have presented many great articles on many optical magazines. It will be great that we all attend the HK optical show first and then cruise to optical factories in China for a week or two!

DocInChina,

Are you a white boy or have blended in now? I mean---off these years you have spent in China, have you learned good enough to bargain and all that..?? I wonder if you could help me to inquire price unit for a temple shaver machine in Lung Guang. This machine will help me to shave a nice curve in various thickness on a piece of temple. Just want to get one and work on projects for fun! Please ask your Chinese friend to bargain if you are white! I don't want to suffer another two weeks of wages just in case....I will buy you lunch instead...ok??:cheers::cheers:
    Last edited by JERRY HUANG; 05-10-2005 at 02:20 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Hi Jerry,

In fact I am a white boy from USA married to a PRC citizen. I don't think I blend in but I have gotten used to that after all these years. You have my email so send me the details about the equipment, the manufacturer and address if you have it (or tel number). I will have one of my people research this for me and I will send you details.

Doc

Thread Information