Thread: ABO Testing Materials

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

ABO Testing Materials

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me by suggesting certian study materials for the ABO. I just mailed in my application in with the $130.00
    and i really wish to pass it the first time. At my job, we have certian materials, but I do not think it' going to be enough. I am worried about the
    optical formulas. I was never great at math HAHAHA. here is my email address: West1538@comcast.net

Thank you:idea:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Study Materials

Terry,

Glad to see that you will be taking your ABO test in May. Hopefully, you have been studying all along. Go to the National Academy of Opticianry website at NAO.org or call them at 800-229-4828 to get the best study materials. Things that I would suggest for starters, are the Ophthalmic Dispensing Review Book. That gives questions and is a self test and it goes along with the (can't exactly remember the name) study manual workbook that isn't too expensive. The TOPS manual is a short study by Michael DiSanto, and actually is used in a lot of Ophthalmic Dispensing programs across the country. Optical Formula Tutorial is another one that should help with math, and I will assure you it includes some more advanced information as well. If you could get hold of the books that have been in print by American Optical, they are also good.

If you could attend an ABO Review course, that would be great. SECO just had one, and I'm not aware of another one being given in Georgia before the May exam. If enough people would request one, and be willing to pay for it, I'm sure the Opticians Association of Georgia would get one together....let me know.

Anyway, I hope this information helps, and if you have other questions, please feel free to ask me. I love education.

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Terry, you have DeKalb Tech. right there in Atlanta. They have a great optician program and may have some books in their book store that you can purchase. Good Luck!!
    Paul:cheers:

Thread Information