Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: How to make sure I got Essilor Alisse lens?

  1. #1
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1

    How to make sure I got Essilor Alisse lens?

    Hi

    Is there any way I can see if I got original Essilor Alisse Lens?

    I'm very suspicious that I didn't got what I paid for.

    Any help?

    Jorge

  2. #2
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Naples FL for the Winter months
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    23,240

    Essilor.......................

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgep
    Hi

    Is there any way I can see if I got original Essilor Alisse Lens?

    I'm very suspicious that I didn't got what I paid for.

    Any help?

    Jorge
    I see that you are from Toronto. ESSILOR has a large AR coating facility in Toronto. Give them a call and I am sure they will tell you.

  3. #3
    Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    In the Middle
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    2,630
    You can take a permament marker like a sharpee and draw a line across it. If the line beads up and cleans off with a wipe than it's Alize.

  4. #4
    Master OptiBoarder rep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Red State in The South
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    770

    Take it to another

    optical shop and ask them to identify it without telling them what it is, or why you want to know.

    Rep

  5. #5
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Down in a hole!
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    13,078
    Sarcasm mode ***on***.

    Jorge, I am glad that you asked this question. This is the type of thought provoking questions that the likes of Steve Machol thinks add to the Optiboard experience. It is really fantastic to see a consumer who is so concerned and wants to be educated as to his "eyewear choices".

    Why do you want "Essilor Alisse Lens"?
    Who told you that was what you were buying?
    Is "Essilor Alisse Lens" what you really got?
    Is "Essilor Alisse Lens" what you really want? And why? Is is better?

    Who knows? Maybe you should ask the optical professional who you purchased the eyewear from. You did purchase thru an eyewear professional, did'nt you?
    Steve, maybe you would like to educate and participate in the fruitful discussion with this poor consumer who wants to educate himself on his eyewear purchase.

    Another great thread by a non-optical optiboarder!

    Sarcasm mode ***off***

    Fezz
    :cheers:

  6. #6
    Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    In the Middle
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    2,630
    It maight be a Nikon Ice, same ****.

  7. #7
    OptiBoard Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    19
    ***
    Last edited by Joe Stella; 03-28-2005 at 06:22 PM.

  8. #8
    Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    USA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    4,948
    I'm sorry about the rude reply you received above.

    The contact link on the Crizal website might get you the best info:
    http://www.crizal.com/

  9. #9
    Forever Liz's Dad Steve Machol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Back in AZ
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    10,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz
    Sarcasm mode ***on***.

    Jorge, I am glad that you asked this question. This is the type of thought provoking questions that the likes of Steve Machol thinks add to the Optiboard experience. It is really fantastic to see a consumer who is so concerned and wants to be educated as to his "eyewear choices".

    Why do you want "Essilor Alisse Lens"?
    Who told you that was what you were buying?
    Is "Essilor Alisse Lens" what you really got?
    Is "Essilor Alisse Lens" what you really want? And why? Is is better?

    Who knows? Maybe you should ask the optical professional who you purchased the eyewear from. You did purchase thru an eyewear professional, did'nt you?
    Steve, maybe you would like to educate and participate in the fruitful discussion with this poor consumer who wants to educate himself on his eyewear purchase.

    Another great thread by a non-optical optiboarder!

    Sarcasm mode ***off***

    Fezz
    :cheers:
    Fezz, you are totally out of line with your remarks. I expect you to apologize to Jorge for this. Otherwise please find another forum that is more to your liking since OptiBoard does not fit your needs.


    OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

  10. #10
    One of the worst people here
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    8,331
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance
    It maight be a Nikon Ice, same ****.
    Nope

    The oiliphobic coating on the ICE is dipped on where the Alize is vaccuum sealed on. So what is the difference? Ask you client in six months when they come back with the ICE coating complaining how hard it is to clean and you now notice that it is not as slippery as before.

    I know, because it has happened to me with the ICE several times.

  11. #11
    Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    In the Middle
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    2,630
    Sorry For-Life, that was me being out of line as well.

    This thread is making people evil.

    :cheers:

  12. #12
    OptiWizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    plymouth, MA, USA
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Posts
    1,036
    Jorge,

    What makes you suspect it may not be alize?

    A little while back, there was a watermark (seen if you fog/steam the lens) on Crizal product. That made me suspect there was some counterfeit product out there. According to the rep, the watermark was discontinued.

    There are markings on progressive lenses, at least twice a month I have someone come in the office claiming their lenses are Varilux, but the markings on the lens show a cheap imitation. Consumer insists he was told he paid for Varilux.

    I found a source for Crizal that saved me a few dollars, then found it was not a Crizal/Essilor approved source. I suspect they were counterfeit, it's often hard to tell initially, time will tell when the coating breaks down early.

    Bottom line is that you need to go to a professional you trust, and if it seems too good to be true.....

    Harry

  13. #13
    Master OptiBoarder mullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance
    You can take a permament marker like a sharpee and draw a line across it. If the line beads up and cleans off with a wipe than it's Alize.
    Exactly!! As edKENdance said....this will show you easily. The Alize usually comes with a n/c crizal white cloth and authenticity card (credit card like) saying it is crizal Alize from Essilor.....

  14. #14
    Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    In the Middle
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    2,630
    Thanks Mullo!

    That pinhole thing is kind of a lame gimmick though.

    :cheers:

  15. #15
    One of the worst people here
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    8,331
    The pin hole in the card was just plain weird. I told customers that if they registered it on the net they would be forced to sit through a boring five minute survey, so Essilor could get their full marketing out of them, but they would then be eligable for a $1,500 gift certificate at Future Shop (which is true), so the customer was quite impressed.

    I also encouraged them, because if the customer won then I also get a $1,500 gift certificate :)

  16. #16
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Naples FL for the Winter months
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    23,240

    Smell it......................

    Quote Originally Posted by mullo

    Exactly!! As edKENdance said....this will show you easily. The Alize usually comes with a n/c crizal white cloth and authenticity card (credit card like) saying it is crizal Alize from Essilor.....
    Take the cloth and rub the lens until it gets hot..............................then smell it.................if it has the ESSILOR smell it is a:cheers: genuine ALIZE lens.

  17. #17
    Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    In the Middle
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    2,630
    Mmmmm Essillor Smell!

    Chris, you bring out the worst in me!

  18. #18
    OptiBoard Professional Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Hurst , TX
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance
    Mmmmm Essillor Smell!

    Chris, you bring out the worst in me!

    Essilor smell is alot better than Luxottica smell!!!!!!!!

  19. #19
    Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    In the Middle
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    2,630

    Redhot Jumper

    Ryan.

    Flame On!

  20. #20
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    759
    Hilarious post Chris!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. You Know You've Been Around Too Long If . . .
    By Andrew Weiss in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 168
    Last Post: 04-19-2020, 12:50 PM
  2. Transitions and AR
    By Jim Schafer in forum Smart Lens Technology by Transitions Optical
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 05:16 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 12:16 AM
  4. Presbyopia
    By Eyeseeit in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 04:25 PM
  5. Anyone able to make a biconvex lens for a camera application?
    By Pete Hanlin in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2000, 09:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •