Thread: Unsolicited Frame Shipments

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Unsolicited Frame Shipments

Earlier in the week, a representative from Optimode called and asked if we would like them to send a shipment of frames to review and that we could send them back if we did not like or want them. My staff told her "No. We don't want them. Don't send them to us." but they sent them anyway. I've already faxed them a stern reply about what I thought. What are your experiences and thoughts on things like this?

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by 1968
    Earlier in the week, a representative from Optimode called and asked if we would like them to send a shipment of frames to review and that we could send them back if we did not like or want them. My staff told her "No. We don't want them. Don't send them to us." but they sent them anyway. I've already faxed them a stern reply about what I thought. What are your experiences and thoughts on things like this?
    Interesting, you said no and they sent them anyways. Sounds you will never deal with them again, because of it (I wouldn't either).

I had problems with Aspex doing this a few years ago; however, they would just ship random things without even asking us and we did not even deal with them. It was very frustrating, especially they time they phoned us up yelling at us, because we apparantly owed them money (even though we did not deal with them) and it was later found out that the package they sent us was refused by the courier.

Companies like that do nothing but create a negative image of themselves. With the frame marketing having probably too many suppliers as it is they have to smarten up.

Bad address email on file
    I too have had problems with optimode... although they have not sent me anything without permission they call relentlessly, even after telling them to take us off their call list... very agressive and assure they will never get my business.

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Merry Christmas

At least some states have "Unsolicited Goods" statutes which allow recipients to consider such shipments to be gifts from the senders.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Shanbaum is correct. I believe that the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) addresses this issue. You can probably check with the Secretary of State in your State for clarification. This is why many businesses use purchase orders which are an accepted form of contract.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In Florida, the law say's you basically just got some free frames if you want. You are under no obligation to pay for them or ship them back. They are foolish.

Thread Information