Thread: NIDEK autoedger PROBLEMS

Bad address email on file KAYDEE's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist

NIDEK autoedger PROBLEMS

:angry:

Hey Guys,

I purchased two NIDEK LE 9000(different model number is the US) AUTOEDGERS a year ago. One for cr39 other for glass. The glass machine hit 7000 lenses. The problem I find is that it cuts 50% of all jobs 5-15 deg off axis. I then swopped machines hoping it would resolve the problem until the other was repaired. I now have the same problem with my cr39 machine which was changed to a glass machine.

The "off-axis" problem is intermittent. I cannot replicate the error. Non of the technicians that service Nidek equipment can help. they say its fine. Its becoming a huge problem, so much so that I fear having any of my practices work cut on them.

I would like to know if anyone on Optiboard has had similar problems specific with the nidek machines. If so could you find a solution?

Hope you can help

Karl

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Karl,

couple of suggestions: make sure the glass lens surface is clean of anysurfacing or chemical residue before blocking ............ adjust theedger's cycle to cut slower ( that's the one that fixed the problem forme)...... check chuck pressure

hope this helps

Billy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't know much about NIDEK machines, but I experience the same problems on the Gerber (formerly Essilor) Triumph and Kappa series machines. The first thing I would check if things are starting to cut off axis would be whatever kind of mechanism it uses to determine axis (such as the axis disk on the two machines I mentioned above), for if that gets loose or even a little cockeyed, things start to go off axis since the machine can't accurately home in to it's starting position.

check to see if your wheels are dull or bad (although doubtful if after only 7000 lenses), sometimes that will also cause axis issues as well.

Bad address email on file KAYDEE's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    THANX !!!

We have done everything that has been suggested.
    I have had the technicians check and calibrate the axis disks, they even ordered me a new one. They gave me a machine on loan as soon as that machine reached 7000 lenses it also gave us the "off-axis" problem.

OptiBoard Novice

Idea

hiya i have 2 nideks with about 36,000 each on the clocks and 1 nidek with about 9000 on the clock. i also had the same problem as you but couldn't work it out as the older two had absolutley no problems! i also got the same answers from their technical department so we decided to strip it down bit by bit until we found the answer with ours. depending on the year your model was made it will have different software within. the newer models lets say are not as efficient! ask them to replace the software and you will be sorted! the upgrades have glitches the main one being axis problems! it worked for us i have no problems now....ask them ya never know it could be just a simple upgrade problem.....remember though you have to down grade!! i know it doesn't make sense but hey me thinks they are gaining on call outs to nideks all over the country.

hope it works thanks sam

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    use 3M blocking tape and increase chuck pressure.:cheers:

Thread Information