Thread: Anyone using Consolidated Routing...

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Anyone using Consolidated Routing...

Anybody having issues with them? Anyone know who the head honcho is? Had a VERY unsatisfying comversation with the General Manager today, need to go up the chain of command.
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Bad address email on file

Consolidated Routing

I'm looking for information about this firm as well. Has anyone learned anything about them?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'm using them. I don't have any complaints, but that's because we have a kick-butt delivery guy. The one or two times I've had to call them I've not been very impressed.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

We used to have...

...Consolidated Routing at my last office. The delivery guy was ok, nothing too impressive. Then one day we didn't get our delivery. And the next day, and the next day. We called our lab, they said they had sent us boxes all three days. I called CR and they told us they were no longer delivering in our area.

Hey thanks for the info, guys! :angry:

We lost three patients who were angry that their deliveries were late. The missing boxes were rerouted somehow and took 2 weeks to get back to the lab where they originated from. Not a good situation.

And CR's customer service, not so good, either.

Long story short, I had a very bad experience with Consolidated Routing. Maybe my experience was just a misfortunate coincidence and has no reflection whatsoever on the company, but I still have no wish to use them ever again.
    It's like being a travel agent... I help people see the world!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    I've used them for years. Never had an issue.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

CR pros and cons

Our company has been using Consolidated Routing for our shipments within California for over 10 years. Occasionally, we have to track a package that doesn’t arrive on time, but even a delayed package is getting there quick considering the price. Of course any company like CR, DHL, UPS, etc. that handles a large volume of packages, can either misroute or loose packages at times. That’s simply a risk we all have to take. However, the customer service surrounding these mistakes set each company apart and CR can occasionally lack in that department. I also believe that labs get better, more consistent service than individual stores because of their automatic everyday pick-up and delivery. For cheaper, fast service in California we do recommend CR. Just remember, like with all things you usually get what you pay for.

Thread Information