Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EyeMed

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

There is No Frame Requirement for Eye Med

As of August 2004 Eye Med completely dropped their frame requirement.

Since they lowered the requirement every year or two since it began in 1999, and have increased exam, frame and lens reimbursements with every company they purchased ( ecpa and Cole), it is hard to see where some claim they have a poor past regarding Eye Med.

As usual, there are a lot of post from people who don't know anything about the program changes more than 8 months ago.

I work for Luxottica,

Rep

P. S. They will pay you a premium on certain claims if you purchase frames from Luxottica. ( another change that took place in August 2004)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Come across an eyemed discount program in my area and as follows;

45% off frame up to $130 retail

SV PLS=$35.00

PLY add +35.00

NL $100.00

I do have my concern in Eye Med: 1.) Cole Vision: we have at present huge GM employees under Cole. Before Cole took the Insurance from Metropolitan Ins., and those who was servicing the old Metropolitan Insurance has to sign up for the new Cole Vision to service GM members. A year later Cole phase out independent providers and then they have all GM members going exclusively to their retail outlet. I suppose this gives Cole a portfolio that they have this universe member provider to their perspective buyers for the Insurance benefit plan. They do give you the left over where reimbursement is minimal to both Exams and Glasses. I suspect it will eventually happen where you will take the left over off the table to feed yourself and you will be another member provider where they could say look on the entire provider we have for your employees.

2.) EyeMed is all written Lenscrafters, Lenscrafters, LC, LC, LC.etc, etc and soon to be Sears, Sears, etc., etc., Call eyemed see where you can be service in your area as an eyemed member. I BET YOU THEY WILL TELL YOU TO GO TO THE MALL.

So before signing up being a provider think twice, do you want to be another pawn that will be use by LUX for their benefit?

Thread Information