Thread: Favorite sunglasses/Luxury eyewear.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Question Favorite sunglasses/Luxury eyewear.

Hey there guys,

It has been a while since I have posted. Now that I am selling frames I seem to be in my car more than anywhere else.

My question is pretty straight forward. If you were opening your very own sunglass store, what lines would you consider essential to the succes of your store? Oakley, Maui Jim, Spy, etc...? And then the same question for luxury eyewear. What "brands", if that word actually applies, would you consider essential. Please know that this question is not in any way related to my company or my business. I am asking this question as an optician who would like to know the opinions of my peers. I thank you so much in advance for your responses.

Aaron

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Check out the new Humphery's and Scappa line. They have come out with some great stuff.

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    Check out the new Humphery's and Scappa line. They have come out with some great stuff.
    Just picked one of those babies up for myself-they are very cool! Hey Aaron, how are you? When are we having lunch??? If I won the lottery tomorrow and could open my own sunglass shop I would have Oliver Peoples, Some OSA stuff (probably Matsuda and Chrome Hearts), those cool Silhouette suns with the frosted edges, Brendel or Lafont or Pro Design for the more colorful european stuff. I would also have some Ralph Lauren and Coach, maybe some Gucci. Definitely some Oakley stuff (when I worked for OSA the Oakley rep called me the Queen of Oakley-have 4 opthalmics I wear all the time)Am dying to see the Michael Kors and new Lulu Guinness...
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Kio Yamato and Italee Lines.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks alot for the responses. I definetly like the Humphrys line but I would not consider it a luxury brand. That company does have some impressive collections though. The OSA stuff is really something else. Chrome hearts is very hot in LA. Are there any more obscure collections that anyone has experianced in the high end/luxury market?

Karen!!!

Hey you. I would definetly like to talk to you. PM me with your number again so we can get in touch.

In the words of the governor of the great state of California.....I'll be back.

Aaron

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Aaron,
    I just recieved my Theo eyewitness piece, model LD. It won at Silmo for best men's design. It is truly amazing.

The new pieces that are coming from Face A Face are also really hot as well as the new copper color in IC!Berlin.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Thread Information